Thread: New Tires

RC Racer

New Tires

hi all, just sharing some pic of summits . ready for summer play now.had enough of winter,now we can run em all day without cold..so i just got done putting on new wheels and tire on both.....Moab on rockstar zero offset with thier little but wayy faster brother slayer nitro3.3

smokeGR
    2summits 2villainEX slayer3.3

RC Competitor
    Gorgeous!
    I have a set of those and a pair of Cheyenne rims on the way home!
    Should arrive next week!
    Too bad I live in Sweden, takes a while to get it from towerhobbies if you want to pay resonable shipping price!
    The "fast" shipping (normal) was $110 for 8 rims and a set of MOAB!
    The slow 7-14 days was less then half!

RC Enthusiast
    would you share the Links or possibly the Stock #'s for them

Thanks,
    Dan

RC Racer
    I don't know why shipping is outrageous from the hobby companies.

RC4WD wanted $60 to ship to Calgary, the most 'reasonable' was Stormer @$35 for 'priority'. I like Traximus Prime's idea of drop shipping in the US and driving accross the border to pick up. It is good the cdn dollar is high enough to make online ordering affordable to us Canuckens.

Quote Originally Posted by hugh jorgan
    I don't know why shipping is outrageous from the hobby companies.

RC4WD wanted $60 to ship to Calgary, the most 'reasonable' was Stormer @$35 for 'priority'. I like Traximus Prime's idea of drop shipping in the US and driving accross the border to pick up. It is good the cdn dollar is high enough to make online ordering affordable to us Canuckens.
    Unless your on a island like me.B.C ferries aint cheap Min $40 each way Ya rc4wd $50 to me in canada and $50 to Oz
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSummit
    Gorgeous!
    I have a set of those and a pair of Cheyenne rims on the way home!
    Should arrive next week!
    Too bad I live in Sweden, takes a while to get it from towerhobbies if you want to pay resonable shipping price!
    The "fast" shipping (normal) was $110 for 8 rims and a set of MOAB!
    The slow 7-14 days was less then half!
    I'm runnin rock crushers on cheyenne's there 23mm hex so you will need adapters if you weren't aware of that.But on the plus side the beadlock screws are bigger than the axials and the heads are recessed so they dont't get as chewed up.Although the axials look to me by comparing side to side my buddies moab xl's on axial rocksters to my moab xl's on cheyenne's axials are a little narrower.Moab's are a good choice for all around performance
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    Ofcourse I bought the 23mm hex! hehe!
    Thanks for the heads up though!

RC Qualifier
    I think your slayer shrunk!!!
    Trust me...I'm a Doctor

RC Racer
    thxs all, we took them out today to test run,not bad,,but if i am going to do alot of rock crawl i like the stock tires better,but man high speed run an no wobble ,,and yes after runing these my slayer looks way small,but it knows it can smoke em
    smokeGR

RC Racer
    srry for the double post..correction on wheel they are tech 5

got both wheel and tires from proline
    http://prolineracing.com/monster-truck-wheels
    Last edited by smokeGR; 04-04-2010 at 01:03 PM.
    smokeGR

RC Champion
    how tall are they compaired to the stockers cause i don`t think proline is making them any more cause i can`t find them on their site only the 40 serise wide ones are on their site
    Last edited by scotthw; 04-04-2010 at 09:18 PM.
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Racer
    Looks like he has the Moab tires on those wheels. The wheels are 40 series. There is only one size 40 series Moab tire(They dont make a narrow and a wide). I have a set of them on my aluminum spinners

Then I have a set of these for serious bite.
    http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/DSC02962.jpg
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-12-2010 at 08:25 PM.

RC Champion
    but there is these moabs that look narrower then the other ones theres
    narrow ones
    http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...d_id=PRO111900
    wide ones
    http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...d_id=PRO111700

RC Racer
    Scotthw, Thats interesting. First time I've seen those (narrow), and like you say Proline doesn't show them. Maybe you should contact Proline and find out if they are old and discontinued or if they are brand new out and just havent been updated on their site yet. Anyhow, SmokeGR's still look like the wide ones.

RC Champion
    well they they were making them when i first got into RC's witch was 4 years ago but when i was looking for tires for my e maxx around 3 months ago they were still being made so it must have been not that long ago when they quite making them

Quote Originally Posted by scotthw
    well they they were making them when i first got into RC's witch was 4 years ago but when i was looking for tires for my e maxx around 3 months ago they were still being made so it must have been not that long ago when they quite making them
    That is weird they are no longer on the site.I liked them i still have a set that look barly used after 30 or so hard runs.Running crushers now but have them to go back to if need be mine were the g8 compound seemed a little softer than the standard.my buddy"s running the standard compound seems a little stiffer
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Moabs used to come in two sizes - narrow(taller) and standard 40 series, but Proline seems to be downgradeing its 40 series supplies or at least allowing them to become stagnant. But I still say moabs dont grip enough for rock/hill crawling applications, unless the foams are softened/altered.
    Tekin 4ws Summit
    G2R, ERBE, BB
    Use common sense

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by noir522
    But I still say moabs dont grip enough for rock/hill crawling applications, unless the foams are softened/altered.
    Have to agree with you on the lack of grip. Personally I like my RC4WD MudSlingers 100 times over. But thats just my opinion.

RC Enthusiast
    These are killer, the rims and the tires. Is this something I can buy as a set or would it be a separate purchase?

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/DSC02962.jpg
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-12-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Separate. Axial rockster bead lock rims I believe lots of places.The mudslingers are from rc4wd.com I'm running proline Cheyenne beadloc's with the rc4wd crushers

Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    man i wish i could afford mudslingers or rock crushers but the heared shipping is unreal like $50
    someone from canada what to sell me theres LOL

Need someone in canada to buy a bulk load of them.They would sell like hotcakes.Now that i think about it I've never bought a hotcake .Someone on here said stormer hobbies shipping isn't as bad
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    my tire are moab 40 series on tech 5 rims.and they crawl just as good .inserts are stock o mod made,if i wanted to do serious rock cral i would get the soft tire..but watch vid i.first run to check em out 2days ago then me n my son took em both out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0-jJlhstLs

srry link is not showing them here proline moab=MOAB 3.8" (40 Series) Rock Terrain Tires
    Product ID : 1117-00

for Front or Rear

wheels=Tech 5 3.8" (40 Series) Black Narrow (2.75" wide) Zero Offset 17mm Wheels
    Last edited by smokeGR; 04-06-2010 at 09:05 PM.
    smokeGR

RC Racer
    I just got my Mudslingers ($38) and Axial Narrow beadlocks ($23) from Stormer and the shipping was $35 to Calgary.

They were the ONLY people who had the rims and tires together. All the other places had one or the other. RC4WD wanted $60 for shipping. I almost bought a set of Cyclones until I got to the shipping page...

Mounting the axial beadlocks SUCK GREATLY (96 screws times 10 turns each equals finger blisters), and the rubber smell from the tires is obnoxious. But... it is worth it. Crawling performance is much better and the tires do not fold on a side hill. Loose dirt goes flying too. Overall a great upgrade from stock.

They are also the 'smallest' of the 40 series which was a big plus to me as I did not want to get too high.

I am going to post some pics of my E-Remmit crawler soon as I get its guts back in..

RC Champion
    I just got my Mudslingers ($38) and Axial Narrow beadlocks ($23) from Stormer and the shipping was $35 to Calgary.

They were the ONLY people who had the rims and tires together. All the other places had one or the other. RC4WD wanted $60 for shipping. I almost bought a set of Cyclones until I got to the shipping page...

Mounting the axial beadlocks SUCK GREATLY (96 screws times 10 turns each equals finger blisters), and the rubber smell from the tires is obnoxious. But... it is worth it. Crawling performance is much better and the tires do not fold on a side hill. Loose dirt goes flying too. Overall a great upgrade from stock.

They are also the 'smallest' of the 40 series which was a big plus to me as I did not want to get too high.
    I am going to post some pics of my E-Remmit crawler soon as I get its guts back in..
    thanks thats not bad since the box would be big with those tires and the rims

RC Racer
    thanks thats not bad since the box would be big with those tires and the rims
    Ya, I was a little PO'd at first with the shipping, but then saw that it cost them $31.55 to actually ship.

You will not regret buying them..
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit

RC Champion
    Ya, I was a little PO'd at first with the shipping, but then saw that it cost them $31.55 to actually ship.

You will not regret buying them..
    hey how are the mudslingers for crawling

RC Racer
    [QUOTE=hugh jorgan]I just got my Mudslingers ($38) and Axial Narrow beadlocks ($23) from Stormer and the shipping was $35 to Calgary.

They are also the 'smallest' of the 40 series which was a big plus to me as I did not want to get too high.[QUOTE]

At least you know they are made out of actual rubber instead of a rubberized vinyl like some tires. Your blisters will heal and become a past memory from mounting them. Besides, As they say "No pain No gain" LOL . Your gonna love those tires. I know I do mine. They are great for more than just mud. That gnarly tread they have gets a good grip on everything. Enjoy.
    Last edited by swift06; 04-07-2010 at 09:07 AM.

RC Qualifier
    For general bashing + 6S Brushless power and some crawling, what tires would you guys recommend?

Mud Slingers? Roxlox? Crushers?

I despise gluing tires, so I was going to get a set of beadlocks. Probably the Cyclones for the Summit eventually, but Axial Narrows for right away.

RC Racer
    hey how are the mudslingers for crawling
    The stocks are good on some things cause they are so soft, but they tear easy. The 'slingers have a soft tread but stiffer casing. They are a much better overall tire for crawling, especially on a side hill. Not so good for smooth rock, but then again, what would be?

I am doing some more crawling this weekend and will let you know more.
    They are definately an improvement and you will not be disappointed.
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC5.2
    For general bashing + 6S Brushless power and some crawling, what tires would you guys recommend?

Mud Slingers? Roxlox? Crushers?

I despise gluing tires, so I was going to get a set of beadlocks. Probably the Cyclones for the Summit eventually, but Axial Narrows for right away.
    'slingers all the way! Great hook up on soft stuff too. I looked at them all and found that the other tires would be too tall for what I wanted. You will love and hate the Axials. Super solid, but like I said before, hurts to install..
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit

RC Qualifier
    Will the slingers hold up to 6S brushless? How will they handle 50+mph? Seems like they'd wear out like crazy for anything but crawling.

I don't mind the nearly 100 screws. I cut an old hex wrench down and use a cordless drill with the clutch open. I just need to snug them down by hand.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC5.2
    Will the slingers hold up to 6S brushless? How will they handle 50+mph? Seems like they'd wear out like crazy for anything but crawling.

I don't mind the nearly 100 screws. I cut an old hex wrench down and use a cordless drill with the clutch open. I just need to snug them down by hand.
    I think you might have the lugs flying at you at 50MPH. Keep them for crawling and use Revo tires for speed? At $80 a set (+ship) I use the 'slingers for crawling and stock for bashing.
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit

RC Competitor
    I'm gluing my MOAB's as we speak!
    Pics will come!

RC Qualifier
    Stock tires will NOT hold up to 50mph I wouldn't think. I was going to use the stock tires for crawling, but I wanted a set of bashing/speed tires. Maybe the MOAB's are the best...

I like the Cyclones, but not the price. Maybe I'll CNC my own beadlocks...

RC Racer
    well if yas seen my vid i put up in vid section, with the moabs my truck now floats...due to no holes in rims like the stock rims have. and my tires are glued.so they dont get water loged...i kind of liked it when it went under..lol

smokeGR

RC Qualifier
    nice vid man, kind of a tornado with the camera at one point, but It was good, i like how those rims look on the truck the zero offset looks good.
    T8 sensored/Xerun-150a/custom chassis/fit body

RC Racer
    yea i know, forgot camra was on srry also just a word of warning,you have to check the wheels before you run,they tend to get loose.my sons was loose an it started to egg out the center
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by smokeGR; 04-10-2010 at 11:57 AM.
    smokeGR

RC Racer
    Blue Loctite may help prevent that.

RC Competitor
    I used Prolines own CA glue, lets see if that holds up för Tekin POWAH!