RC poster

Help with TQ Link 2.4GHz & RX (first time 2.4ghz)

Hello,

So I have a 2 channel Traxxas Link 2.4GHz radio + 5 channel Link receiver (2218?). This is my very first 2.4GHz system.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or something wrong with the hardware itself? I do not know but I need some help.

I connected the wire from ESC to channel 2, steering servo to chanel 1. Plug the battery to test it and I have a problem.

Steering is working fine but I get no response from the throttle.

I am it is a straight plug in the wire , right? Have I done soething wrong? missed a step or something?
    Is it possible that I have somehow shorted the channel 2 or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    Off the top of my head make sure the connector isn't plugged in backwards. Not sure what ESC you have so I can't comment on colors but if it is a Traxxas the connector should be keyed so it only goes in one way.

Try to setup the ESC again to see if it might be a problem with the calibration. All ESCs have a procedure of some sort.

RC poster
    It's a Novak Goat 2S ESC,

I think I have the wires plugged in properly... black wire to the edge.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by xxgg
    It's a Novak Goat 2S ESC,

I think I have the wires plugged in properly... black wire to the edge.
    That should be right, the (-) terminal. I remember some time ago when I ran a Novak HV I needed to calibrate it before it even worked with my RX. Take a look at the manual for the ESC and give it a shot.

RC Competitor
    I had a similar issue with the 2.4 receiver I added to my 4-tec. Turned out, based on a suggestion from someone here, that the Traxxas Link sends it's servo signals at 100Mhz, where as some equipment is expecting the older standard 50MHz. If the equipment can't handle the 100, then it won't work. Keep in mind mine was an older Sportsman, so that may not be the same issue, but swapping to a different ESC (XL-5 I picked up for a song) totally fixed the problem and it worked out of the box.
    Jeff

EMBE, RPM skids
    Electric 4-tec, all stock

RC poster
    I said heck with the waiting... went to a local hobby shop and pick up a another 2218 receiver and it works right away without any issue.

So I am guessing receiver was the problem.