Thread: Paddle Tires

RC Champion

Paddle Tires

Looking for a good set of front/rear paddle tires for the merv. I have proline titus beadlocks mounted on dirt hawgs. It works great on hard surfaces but like crap on loose surfaces. What do you guys recommend to use. I would like to use new wheels as well. i don't want to have to take the bead locks apart everytime to change them. Not looking for anything fancy or extreme, just something that grips sand really good and black wheels. Thanks Terry
    X3-RC8T/X2 ERBE/Losi SCTE/SC10 4x4/Baja 5SC/Rusty

RC Qualifier
    HPI MT Super Star Wheel
    Proline Sand Paws
    I suggust either 15/55 gearing or flip the input and idler gear inside the transmission and run 23/55

Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Qualifier
    i was told by my lhs that those tires are too tall to run on the little servo, and it would burn it up???
    Pede vxl, Rusty vxl, Merv vxl, Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    you arnt gonna find anything smaller at the moment. I ran then for a loing time on my stock servo and it was fine. I was using the stock servo saver though, if you got an alum. servo saver toss it for stock or they will help eat the servo. One not to make though it that on hard ground it wont bottom out, bout 1/4" from the ground. On loose sand i dont think it'd matter much.

Besides then the truck is rolling it doesn't take much force to turn them. If you try standing still they wont turn and you could possibly burn your servo up if you just sat there for a pack trying to turn when your not rolling.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMajekalBum
    HPI MT Super Star Wheel
    Proline Sand Paws
    I suggust either 15/55 gearing or flip the input and idler gear inside the transmission and run 23/55

That is sweet man. I will get those. I run the 85mg hitech servo. If it goes out then I will get another one. I won't run this all the time, only when needed. Thanks for the great picture.
    Also would those fit on my slash? Terry
    X3-RC8T/X2 ERBE/Losi SCTE/SC10 4x4/Baja 5SC/Rusty

RC Qualifier
    if its got a 12mm hex then yes, I seen videos where they got the sand paws on a 1/10 slash. They wouldn't fit a 1/16 slash without horrably cutting the body up.