Thread: 2.4GHZ antenna

RC Qualifier

2.4GHZ antenna

Just wondering do you have to have the short reciever antenna in the tube or is it ok if i tuck it in the reciever box.
    Will any thing happen if i do this.

And i did the POWER-UP thing and traded in my jato's remote and reciever for the 2.4ghz. Just wondering if you are supposed to get the standerd 2.4ghz and not the 2.4ghz LINK. Because i just got the standerd one that takes 8AA batteries and no model momory and no mulit-knobs.

THX
    Last edited by JohnnyT1992; 03-24-2010 at 07:21 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I think that antenna is just like any other antenna ... laying down or folded up in the rcvr box will not give you ANY range.
    I don't know if they will do the LINK radio upgrade until they have switched all of the cars/trucks that they sell to the LINK.
    US Navy retired, now - FAA air traffic controller

RC poster
    I'm using a Spektrum DX3.0 and they have like 2" antennas on the Rx pack. I've got mine laying down in the chassis (partially sticking out the Rx box) and haven't noticed any loss of signal they are way to short for me to bother putting them in the tube.

RC Qualifier
    The good new is that they have a built-in fail safe! May not be an issue since you'll see it "die" if you lose reception.
    US Navy retired, now - FAA air traffic controller

RC Competitor
    I just installed a Spektrum system in my MERV and Slash.
    The antennas are VERY short.
    I tucked them in the receiver box, I hope that it works.

RC Qualifier
    The Power-Up doesn't include the new version yet, it's sadly not very obvious on the web site.

With regard to the antenna, most of my Spektrum gear is in or mostly in the receiver box however I have range troubles with the Traxxas 2.4GHz stuff like that so I have longer "short" tubes to handle some of the antenna and give me range.

Quote Originally Posted by padrino
    The Power-Up doesn't include the new version yet, it's sadly not very obvious on the web site.

With regard to the antenna, most of my Spektrum gear is in or mostly in the receiver box however I have range troubles with the Traxxas 2.4GHz stuff like that so I have longer "short" tubes to handle some of the antenna and give me range.
    I don't know about the obvious part... nowhere does the program mention Link and the pics clearly show a gray transmitter, not the black Link/HO transmitter.

I WISH my DX3.0 got the range my Traxxas 2.4's do. I have 2 Spekkie SR3000 Rx's and I can't touch the Traxxas system for range using either. Antenna position doesn't seem to matter. The range is only fair no matter what.