RC Qualifier

The Carnage Thread! Post pics and stories!

So here it is! The thread that tells it all! Let's see the pics and hear the stories that have taken out your new Slash 4x4! Is it as tough as the proven 2x4? Time will tell! I know mine can take a hit and keep on bashing!

The worst so far on mine. Road sign at 50mph+ (full throttle on 4s at 19/54 gearing running a MMM/Neu 1509 combo):

Rear A Arm, bent rim, tire unglued, side bumper broke, body cracked and paint removed from inside and out:

MERV/MMP/1112 1y/4s
    Slash 4x4/MMM/2650/4s/5s

RC Racer
    tore the axle clean out and cracked the steering knuckle.

all at a very slow speed
    Ride it hard ride it fast.

RC Racer
    brushed the curb at night. barely touched the curb, at first i didnt even think i had hit it.

What?

RC Qualifier
    Well, I twisted my front diff output shaft clean off while running on 4s and cartwheeling. Not to mention pulling off a motor wire from the bullet connector. That was my bad. I knew when I installed it, it wasn't as secure as it should be. Off to the LHS!
    MERV/MMP/1112 1y/4s
    Slash 4x4/MMM/2650/4s/5s

RC Enthusiast
    i hit a patch of sand in the street running 18/54 top speed on 3s, slewed right and drilled a curb corner dead on @ about 60. it launched the car about 12 feet straight up. broke:
    1 shock body and shaft
    1 bulkhead
    2 rpm a arms
    1 diff housing
    1 sway bar link
    1 steering bellcrank assy
    1 6888 drive hub
    1 camber link
    1 wheel
    1 steering servo
    not bad for a single crash, it looked AWESOME. also gaev me an excuse to strip it all down for a rebuild. i actually had every part on hand except the 6888

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RCNutt
    i hit a patch of sand in the street running 18/54 top speed on 3s, slewed right and drilled a curb corner dead on @ about 60. it launched the car about 12 feet straight up. broke:
    1 shock body and shaft
    1 bulkhead
    2 rpm a arms
    1 diff housing
    1 sway bar link
    1 steering bellcrank assy
    1 6888 drive hub
    1 camber link
    1 wheel
    1 steering servo
    not bad for a single crash, it looked AWESOME. also gaev me an excuse to strip it all down for a rebuild. i actually had every part on hand except the 6888

wow thats gnarly..
    slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rc77
    60mph or 60km/h?

I don't have a radar gun, but with 21/54 on 3s, by my best guess I would say I'm only hitting around 65km/h maybe 70km/h tops which is about 40-45mph.

Again I have no way to figure out exactly how fast the car is going, but it really doesn't seem like it is going 100km/h which is 60mph.
    ?
    People have gotten to 60mph on 3s....
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Racer
    Nice thread, Like my body? LOL
    Click

Talk about the worst body ever. The rear fell apart in about 3 hours of mild abuse. Other than that. Lucky so far. Wanting a VW bug body soon.

RC Competitor

my slash 2wd brushless

well my todays carnage out at a bmx track running 3s lipo and a xerun brushless system guess i need some new parts .. .

RC Champion
    ^^^ holy cow!!!!!!!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    Careful what you post. Slash Protective Services will come looking for you and put your Slash in my protective custody! My only real problem so far has been the neighbor's garbage can. Ran into it full throttle the morning after I took it out of the box and broke a front arm. Luckily had a rustler spare on hand. Should be a law against having garbage cans next to the street on a non-garbage pick up day!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato40
    Careful what you post. Slash Protective Services will come looking for you and put your Slash in my protective custody! My only real problem so far has been the neighbor's garbage can. Ran into it full throttle the morning after I took it out of the box and broke a front arm. Luckily had a rustler spare on hand. Should be a law against having garbage cans next to the street on a non-garbage pick up day!
    lol garbage can are real big threat to r/c .lol.. and i have a rustler they are great to keep your slash going arnt they lol..