RC Enthusiast

REVO 3.3 throttle servo

I have a REVO 3.3 (5309). I was wondering what is a good throttle servo. The stock servo (PN# 2056) was starting to jitter. I thought that it might have been the opti drive so I bypassed it and got the same result. My LHS didn't have any of the 2056 in stock so they sold my the 2055. Installed it and about a 1/2 gallon later the same thing started happening. Is my opti drive causing me to go through these servos?

Hitec HS-645mg
    Either you are the Predator or you are the prey

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Actually a good bang for buck would be to get 2x PowerHD 9001MG Servos. They are stronger and faster for half the price. my first 645 lasted 30 min. wasnt prepared to spend that much again so bought these.
    If you don't like Nitro, you don't like anything!

RC poster
    i thought my throttle servo was starting to go on mine when it started to jitter but it was the optidrive that was messed up.... idk u might know that already just thought i throw it out there.
    My other toy is a Skidoo!!

I use the Hitec 645mg in both of my revos.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirly220
    i thought my throttle servo was starting to go on mine when it started to jitter but it was the optidrive that was messed up.... idk u might know that already just thought i throw it out there.
    How did you find out that it was the Optidrive.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by xxJohnxx
    How did you find out that it was the Optidrive.
    he would have by passed it. pull the wiring connectors out of it and plug then straight into the receiver and see what happens
    Never chase a skunk with a Revo!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I found this one also... cant be beaten for price and power... being sold in my hobbyshop... 236 oz servo @ 0.14 only $19
    If you don't like Nitro, you don't like anything!

RC Qualifier
    The stock return spring is a MONSTER too. Stretch it a bit before installing your new servo and your servo will thank you with longer life.
    This space for rent

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by xxJohnxx View Post
    I have a REVO 3.3 (5309). I was wondering what is a good throttle servo. The stock servo (PN# 2056) was starting to jitter. I thought that it might have been the opti drive so I bypassed it and got the same result. My LHS didn't have any of the 2056 in stock so they sold my the 2055. Installed it and about a 1/2 gallon later the same thing started happening. Is my opti drive causing me to go through these servos?
    Well 2055 is almost the same as 2056, without the waterproofing. As for jittering, it's not the Optidrive. It's the throttle return spring. It is very stiff for the stock servos and even otherwise. I had 3 stock servos burn in a row due to that stupid spring. Maybe Traxxas should invest more in R&D after all.

Slayden recommends using #4045 spring (The one found on the Platinum Revo) but in my opinion it is too light to pull back any servo. So, I would recommend getting ASC7562 spring. This one really works. Also, I read somewhere about some one using a LOSA9409 spring. I think both are good. Though I've never used the latter but have one on the way. I can let you know when it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by tphill View Post
    Hitec HS-645mg
    On your recommendation, I got this servo. I believe you have it installed in your Revo. So, can you please tell me if the throttle return spring spring can pull it back to neutral when the power is cut off?

I ask because my servo is hard to turn when the power is off and even the original stiff spring is not able to pull it back. Please advise.

RC Champion
    I am the type of guy that likes to keep it cheap. It stinks when you burn up that high dollar servo you just installed. Change your throttle servo to a 2075 or the cheaper yet 2070. Only difference between the 2 is 2075 is water proofish. 2070 can be bought cheap on ebay. Just bought 2 last night for $23 shipped. They last about a season or so.
    90% of servo failures are due to not setting the endpoints of the servo. If you take the time to set the end points correctly they will last much, much longer. Setting endpoints is a step most people ignore. It should be one of the first steps done after installing the servos.