RC poster

Drive Shaft Pin Falling Out

I'm sure there are tons of threads about this, but I honestly can't find them.

I just bought a used ERBE and I'm absolutely loving it, when it works. The rear drive shaft's pin keeps falling out, and I can't find a way to fix it. I've tried putting a metal pipe around it to hold it in, but when I crashed it kinda hard it just fell out anyways. Now I'm trying red loctite. What else can I try if this doesn't work?

Are you running stock shafts?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    They're the Traxxas upgrade stainless steel shafts.

RC poster
    I put the loctite on about 2 hours ago and it doesn't seem to be drying at all.

RC poster
    Would these be a good replacement?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hard-Steel-C...item1c47360709

RC poster
    If you can't find or make a replacement pin, then MIP CVD's would be my choice. I just bought the traxxas center and wheel CVD's and already broke one dogbone pin. Luckily I had some material in my hobby box that I cut and installed,fits sort of loose, but the rubber boot that goes around the diff cup seems to be holding it together for now. The replacements you are asking about I have never used so I can't give you an opinion. Good luck.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelyton View Post
    I put the loctite on about 2 hours ago and it doesn't seem to be drying at all.
    Did you clean and degrease first? Loctite will only dry between two metal surfaces and in the absence of air. Any loctite that has squeezed out generally does not dry. Grease, for instance, inhibits the loctites ability to properly come in contact of the metal surface. Do not use loctite on plastic! I am assuming that you are speaking of the threaded pin that goes thru the out drive at the diff?
    Last edited by Taurusx2; 10-06-2014 at 10:32 AM.
    Brushless E-Revo
    Summit
    XO-1 X (2)
    Rustler VXL

Loc-tite generally works well if the threads are clean. Use a Q-tip and clean the threads of the screw and in the cup. Use a small amount of loc-tite and let it sit at least overnight to dry. If need be, I have seen people put shrink wrap over the screw to help.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Qualifier
    +1 on the shrink wrap works well and you don't lose the screw

RC poster
    I've finally realized its because the entire driveshaft is thrashed. I've ordered a new shaft set. What is the piece that the rear drift shaft connects to to drive the rear wheels? The hole in that piece is torn up too. Do i need to take appart the diff to replace that piece? Will need a new one. Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Skelyton; 10-06-2014 at 11:54 PM.

RC Racer
    do you mean the drive cup? or the diff

RC Qualifier
    if its the part that sticks out of the diff then its the pinion