RC Champion

TQ 2.4GHz High Output radio system

I’m not sure if this question has been asked before, but can you get the TQ 2.4GHz High Output radio system and the receiver for it on their own, or can you only get these with a new vehicle? I would guess that you could, but I don’t know. And if you could, about how much would it cost?

The reason I am asking this is that I haven’t bought any real upgrades lately (I did the light a little while back, but that was more like a low-budget project ). So I think it is time for a little spring treat for my truck.

As you probably know, I like to do different and interesting things (well, at least what I find different and interesting) on my T-MAXX. So when the Summit came out, I thought that its radio system was pretty nice. I was thinking of what I could do with the extra channel, and I’m now thinking that I could use the 3-position toggle switch to operate the lights. Instead of just a on/off switch for the lights, I could use the toggle on the transmitter: one position for ‘off’, the middle position for ‘on’ (with operating brake lights, where the taillights are normally dim and only get bright when the brakes are hit, I already have this system working well), and the third position would just make the taillights go bright all of the time (where they would stay bright, even when the brakes are not being applied, this may be useful when running at night, where the truck is moving away from me and is at a far distance and I may not be able to see the normally dim taillights). Of course I could find other uses for the fourth channel and toggle switch, but that is just an idea.

But that wasn’t enough for me to actually go and buy the transmitter and receiver. But now that I see the Summit has TQ 2.4GHz High Output radio system, and I was thinking of getting the new TQ 2.4GHz for my truck anyway, to me it now seems like an upgrade worth getting. Any information on whether they are available, their price, or any comments at all would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

*Edit* - Plus, I have been kind of busy with school lately, and I am just getting over a virus or something that I (and my father) have had for about the past week. So I have been short on opportunity and will power to disassemble my truck and send the chassis out to FLM to get a replacement (I know, I know, that should have been taken care of already). Now it is just starting to get nice out and I want to get that taken care of, so maybe an upgrade like this will give me the kick in the rear end to do it .
    Last edited by Petox20; 03-16-2010 at 04:42 PM.
    Oh where'd you go, Joe DiMaggio?

You will be able to buy it seperate just as the other radios are. IF you look at Towerhobbies, you can get an idea on the pricing.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Qualifier
    FYI..

The Summit now has the standard 2nd generation 2.4GHz system, it does not come with a High Output Link transmitter however the receiver is always the same.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by padrino
    FYI..

The Summit now has the standard 2nd generation 2.4GHz system, it does not come with a High Output Link transmitter however the receiver is always the same.
    What is the difference between the 2nd generation 2.4GHz system and the High Output Link Transmitter? Range? I really want features like end-point and dual-rate adjustment, which the Summit's page says its transmitter has. If the only difference is range than I'll have to think about which to get .

*Edit* - Yeah, I should have searched to see if I could find the radio for sale, I didn't think of it. I didn't get that much sleep. Even if the Summit doesn't come with a High Output Link, I found a High Output Traxxas Link four-channel radio:

That was on Tower, but I don't think that one comes with a receiver and it is not in stock, it will ship late this month. The prices seem to be messed up . Look at this link below if you want. I would go through my LHS anyway.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...%2FB%3E+2.4ghz
    Last edited by Petox20; 03-16-2010 at 06:48 PM.
    Oh where'd you go, Joe DiMaggio?

RC Qualifier
    Less range and no link capability, outside of that it has all of the features you are asking for.

RC Competitor
    Is it worth upgrading to the TQ 2.4 from the TQ that came with my Rustler that I got last spring? If I buy the radio and link do I need anything else? Thanks!
    Rustler VXL: Aluminum upgrades as I break em!

Have a look here for a thorough explanation of the TQ 2.4 systems and their compatibility, complete with item numbers.

Scroll down to post 18

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=510388

RC Competitor
    Thanks Peter!
    Rustler VXL: Aluminum upgrades as I break em!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterV
    Have a look here for a thorough explanation of the TQ 2.4 systems and their compatibility, complete with item numbers.

Scroll down to post 18

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=510388
    Mine is a 2238, but it doesn't say high output on the bottom. Do I have the extended range or not?
    Last edited by z33guru; 03-19-2010 at 01:09 PM.
    Revo 3.3 | Stampede | E-Revo VXL | Wild Willy 2