RC Qualifier

1/16 E Revo or Rustler vxl?

Ok I talked about this in the Rustler forum and now I am going to talk about it here. I am wanting either a Rustler vxl or a mini e revo. What would be a better truck from those that have had both? I had a mini e revo before and it was fun but then I wanted something bigger. I am out in Iraq right now and I will mainly be running the car back and forth on a runway, gravel, dirt and we are making a track.

RC Qualifier
    On a mountain, S.W. Colorado and Nothern Illinois
    Well I didnt have a Rustler, but something similar. I do have a MERV thats a blast... Both of them would be LOTS of fun... The Rustler might be a little more durable, with less rolling and tumbling... Just get both

Just want to say thank you for serving our country!!! Come home SAFE!!!!
    fine line between hobby and mental illness

RC Qualifier
    I use to have both, a rustler vxl and a MERV... now i just have the merv, along with my other kits.
    If you are gonna be using it in loose conditions, which I imagine you would be in Iraq, then 2WD would suck. Too hard to control a very powerful rear wheel drive setup in sand or gravel even. That was my biggest complaint with the bad to the bone rusty. Too much performance to be just 2wd. Thats why I would suggest the 4x4-MERV over the rusty. Point it and pull the trigger and away it goes in multiple conditions, loose or high grip.
    Theres always the new 4x4-slashs if you want something bigger then the merv. Its roughly the same size of a rustler vxl, and 4 wheel drive to boot.

RC Racer
    had both, enjoy the revo more. better overall control. you cant go wrong with either for enjoyment in high grip environments (as already stated), but i cannot recommend the rustler in low grip environments.

i love the mini e-revos too much to give them up for anything but a regular e-revo brushless
    http://tinyurl.com/RokeyLounges-MERV

RC Racer
    If you already had a MERV, and gave it up due to wanting something bigger - then I think you should get a 4X4 Slash.

The Rusty is cool, but the 2 wheel drive kinda stinks. It is fast, but tough to control, espcially in loose type conditions. Wheelies like crazy when you finally get some traction. 4X4 is better in my opinion. Slash is about the same size. If you don't like the look of the Slash (like me), then you could always get some bigger tires and a different body. I'd say get a 4X4 Slash and make it the way you want it.

RC Qualifier
    ok thanks guys I think I made my decision.

RC Qualifier
    Oi heliboy, I got slash sidewinder 5700 for that decent 3905????
    Traxxas should just cash my checks for me