RC Racer

Cool So Excited with my new Slash but...

It wont stop raining and dry out. I have drivin it a bit in my warehouse here at work but I would like to get it into the dirt so i dont tear up the tires to quickly.

Anyone have any suggestions on street tires and any preventative measures to do? I have scanned the boards here and am doin a few of the things but it doesnt hurt to ask.....does it?

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Anacondas work decently on the street.

RC Qualifier
    I think the stock ones hook up pretty good on the street .....
    ERBE - 8ight T/E - Kyosho Inferno

RC poster
    the rtr tires seem to hold up alright on pavement, as far as a street tire i have not seen any short course street tires available. one option is to go to a 1/8th scale buggy wheel, 17mm adapters, and proline street tires for those wheels. seems to be the only street tire that i think will work alright on the 4x4.. good luck

RC poster
    I bought the RTR version, and have driven three 7cell NiMH packs an evening on my Slash for two months. The tires almost look as good as the day they came out of the box. Try them!
    Last edited by DeputyDog73; 03-12-2010 at 01:17 PM.
    Slash 4WD #6808 "Knowledge Control's Fear!"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-tmaxx
    I think the stock ones hook up pretty good on the street .....
    maybe, but they will be worn through quickly!
    i use 2.8 anacondas on all star rims
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    I have a RTR with the stock tires and they hold up excellent to parking lot runs, hardly even look worn at all.

RC Qualifier
    I've heard the stock BFG tires hold up pretty good on outdoor pavement/cement and actually grip pretty good. I don't know for sure as my truck has never seen pavement only carpet and wooden jumps.
    Mike Zadler
    Slash 4x4 SOLD!
    Slash 2wd

Quote Originally Posted by Amirath
    It wont stop raining and dry out. I have drivin it a bit in my warehouse here at work but I would like to get it into the dirt so i dont tear up the tires to quickly.

Anyone have any suggestions on street tires and any preventative measures to do? I have scanned the boards here and am doin a few of the things but it doesnt hurt to ask.....does it?

Thanks
    Can you explain what has happened to your tires? Maybe some pictures to help us better understand and provide a solution.

RC Racer
    I just got finished doing a full 30min rip on the street with my stock bfg. They work great just watch out for your truck rolling over if you don't have sway bars
    Ride it hard ride it fast.

RC Qualifier
    With the right set up, you would be hard pressed to get it hook that well and roll. With the stock RTR BFG's its a drift machine on the pavement.

I have even toyed around with the idea of making some PVC wheels to try out some 4x4 drifting
    4x4 PE & Beyond...