RC Enthusiast

FYI...OUT OF CONTROL VXL3s...

The set up--4x4 RTR with various mods - Stock pinion w/ 56spur (yes it fits with a little work...), Thunderpower 3s 25c and a Spextrum dx2s.

2 days a ago I started experiencing sputtering after about 5-6 minutes of running - no LVC, no thermal. After the sputtering the truck would stop. Then it would start moving by itself. Unplugging the battery would reset the ESC but the problem would re-occur within 5 min. Today the same happened except it went in full reverse and the only way to stop it was to unplug the battery - I heard of LVC issues but I have never experienced a full loss of control like this - Bought a new ESC (and Velineon) from the LHS for $200cdn (because I am impatient) and it fixed the problem (except for the hole in my wallet) - while the faulty ESC is on its way to Traxxas...

RC Qualifier
    you should have got just a new esc or a mamba monster in my opinion

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtk33
    you should have got just a new esc or a mamba monster in my opinion
    I debated doing that...if this one fails too I definitely will...hopefully I will get more use out of it than the last one....the extra velineon is going in my mini revo...

RC Racer
    i had a lock out yest. the truck was doing speed passes and after a few the lipo cut hit the truck slowed but the cut must have lost power to rec the truck went down the street and at the last sec i was able to turn it but it was to late smashed the truck into curb. the truck is in bad shape. i use the new airtronics mx3 2.4 but my friends have been hit the same on traxxas 2.4. i think when the lvc hits it drops power to the rec for just a sec but the 2.4 rec have to rebind before they work and that takes longer then there is road left. so ive decided im going to run a 6v rec pack on my trucks thus keeping power to the rec at all times

Quote Originally Posted by hasslefree
    i had a lock out yest. the truck was doing speed passes and after a few the lipo cut hit the truck slowed but the cut must have lost power to rec the truck went down the street and at the last sec i was able to turn it but it was to late smashed the truck into curb. the truck is in bad shape. i use the new airtronics mx3 2.4 but my friends have been hit the same on traxxas 2.4. i think when the lvc hits it drops power to the rec for just a sec but the 2.4 rec have to rebind before they work and that takes longer then there is road left. so ive decided im going to run a 6v rec pack on my trucks thus keeping power to the rec at all times
    That really doesn't sound like an LVC action. It sounds more like a failsafe to me. What did Traxxas Support say?