Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Enthusiast
    havnt heard from you for quite some time, hows your build going? im sure wede all like to see some video

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashFreak7 View Post
    havnt heard from you for quite some time, hows your build going? im sure wede all like to see some video
    Well, I'm currently out of action. Made a huge jump and landed right on a rock - result: Broken chassis :-(

This is the second time I break the chassis! Anyway, a new one is on the way, plus some 17mm hex adaptors and lot's of other stuff... stay tuned... :-)
    Anza Slash

RC Enthusiast
    Wow, tough hit... But hey, at least your running it. All I can seem to break is bearing carriers :P

RC Racer
    Well, it's back to square one. I've taken my Slash completely apart once again. New parts and hop-ups have arrived so I will start the rebuild soon. More pics to follow...

Last edited by zeabee; 04-22-2011 at 12:44 PM.
    Anza Slash

RC Racer

Fighting temps - part 1

Summer temperatures are approaching quickly, and with my new Proline Badlands 1:8 buggy wheels running in grass and powered by VXL3s, I suspect that I may get into trouble with regard to temperatures when using 3s LiPo. My GH alu tranny does a good job of acting like at huge heat sink, however I think it can be improved even more.

The tranny case does not absorb the motor heat perfectly, as it is only about half of the end of the motor can that actually touches the tranny case. This is due to the ventilation ducts (as can be seen on the pictures below) which is a relic from the original Traxxas tranny case. A flat plate design tranny case will in my opinion do a much better job in absorbing the heat.

However, in stead of just buying a completely new flat plate tranny case, I've decided to use the STRC aluminium motor heatsink plate in combination with my GH tranny case. It took quite a lot of dremeling, as the heatsink plate didn't fit the GH tranny perfectly. To compensate for my inadequate dremeling abilities, I've used Arctic Silver cooling paste to fit the two perfectly together, to ensure the best possible heat absorbtion.

Anza Slash

RC Racer

Fighting temps - part 2

As an further addition to the alu tranny I've decided to add an extra heat sink and fan combo. The problem though is that the tranny case and motor wires leaves very little space for this.

However, by turning the motor 90 degrees counter clockwise and dremeling a bit in my heatsink I managed a tight fit. I'm not sure how much this will actually lower my temperatures - probably more of a bling factor...

Anza Slash

RC Racer
    This year's fashion. Can't hardly call it a Trophy Truck anymore...

ERBE wannabe.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some more pictures... 17mm Proline adaptors and Proline Badlands - and a wheelie bar!

Last edited by cooleocool; 06-01-2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: merge
    Anza Slash

RC poster
    This is a great thread.