Thread: FLM front CVD's

RC Qualifier

FLM front CVD's

Anyone have the story on FLM front CVD's? Last thing I heard they were supposed to be out last month but haven't seen anything since. Anyone reporting problems on the rears after putting some runtime on them?

RC Qualifier
    It is not a TOY!

RC Racer
    sweet eh.i noticed they posted it yesterday.i checked tue and they werent up on there site yet.oh boy its payday today to.they arent cheap.i guess front and rear cost around 100 bucks with shipping.i think they will be worth every penny.they even took care of everybody that cant afford the cvd,s.they have hardened steel axles that snap in to the telescoping half shafts that are stock on 4x4.there 50 bucks front and rear.
    Last edited by BC Slasher; 03-11-2010 at 02:10 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Are the axles they are talking about on the site replacements for the stock stub axles that keep on bending?

RC Enthusiast
    Looking at the pictures it appears they replace the stock stubs and connect to the stock half shafts as BC stated...I think i will give them a shot.

RC Qualifier
    Just bought the front and rear CVD set. They have a kit price of $91. Right now you have to get the fronts directly from them because no one has them yet. Call them and they will send you a paypal request.

RC poster

Question CVD s or FLM axles on stock drive shafts ?

Bent axles are a problem , but are cvd s the answer ? what about travel with the cvds is this an issue oppossed to the two piece stock shafts? If so wouldnt the FLM replacement axles on stock shafts be the best fix ?

RC Qualifier
    I was all set to order the set from them until i heard that there was some down travel issues with these. I will be anxious to hear how they work for you guys before I shell out the $$ for them.
    momomotorsports - Slash - PE Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by momo.75
    I was all set to order the set from them until i heard that there was some down travel issues with these. I will be anxious to hear how they work for you guys before I shell out the $$ for them.
    You can have full up or down travel but not both. I choose down and had to put travel limiters in my shocks to stop the cvd's from bottoming out in the cup.
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by round
    You can have full up or down travel but not both. I choose down and had to put travel limiters in my shocks to stop the cvd's from bottoming out in the cup.
    yeah, i actually meant both up and down. i would rather be able to keep my full range of travel

RC Qualifier
    yeah we need a splined cvd set-up like the ones mip makes for the revo, no dogbones, has a cv joint at each end, then you wouldnt have to limit travel

RC Champion
    How about the Stub axles FLM makes.. would they be any good? You would still have all your travel and you should have stronger stubs.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Qualifier
    I have yet to bend a FLM CVD axle. The axle upgrade looks like the same as the ones in the CVD kit except for being used with the stock 1/2 shaft. I think your axle problem would be solved with these also.

RC Qualifier
    As a basher running Mamba Monster power I'm looking for durability. I'll give up a little shock travel for a bullit-proof driveline. When I broke the stockers and installed the rear MIP cvd I had to do the same thing. I just don't trust the MIP CVDs to last very long. That cross pin is not much bigger around than a hair off my chin.

RC Qualifier
    I'll post up with a review when they come in.

RC Enthusiast
    ^^likewise, i ordered the axle upgrades for the front and rear and let you know how they perform. So far their customer service as far as ordering and answering my questions has been top notch...

RC Qualifier
    Ditto on the customer service. Gina has been great.

RC Enthusiast
    While I haven't bent my stock axles yet, I went ahead and ordered the FLM ones just in case. You can use the stock telescoping axle shafts with the FLM stub axles.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D.
    While I haven't bent my stock axles yet, I went ahead and ordered the FLM ones just in case. You can use the stock telescoping axle shafts with the FLM stub axles.
    Ahh, i just now noticed they had the Front and Rear Axle Upgrade Kit....that is pretty cool right there.

RC Champion
    I just ordered the Front and rear Kit a minute ago. I am looking for strength but want to keep the suspension travel of the stock sliders.

Now the waiting game.. I say about 10 days to get to Canada.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by momo.75
    yeah, i actually meant both up and down. i would rather be able to keep my full range of travel
    why do they bottom out.they are the same as my rc8b buggy cvd,s.and they dont have travel issues.and what happens do they bind at full up or down .it doesnt make sence .if they are going to bottom out in the cup it cant be at full up or down,becouse its a longer travel wich would pull the dog bone outward toward the outside of cup.

RC Qualifier
    I would guess that it is related to the overall amount of suspension travel that the truck has. It requires the cups to be deep. At full stock compression, the shaft in the MIP CVDs hits the drive cup because of the angle.

RC Enthusiast
    What about running MIP's splined axles? You can get a set that will work length wise, then just swap one end for a Rustler Stub axle. Too heavy? Too much vibration? Seems like it would let you keep full suspension travel and be plenty strong.

RC Qualifier
    Considering the power I'm running, I'd rather have an engineered set with a lifetime warranty. They are shipping Monday. Should have something to show by next weekend.