RC Qualifier

Center Driveshshaft+rocks = D'oh!

I tried the shrink wrap/tape fix for the driveshaft, and it didn't work too well. The heat shrink was tore off, and the tape started to get shredded. So, I got to thinking. I cut up some stiff foam that I had lying around, and shoved it into the opening at the front by the servo, creating a seal. Then, I took another piece of softer foam, and wedged it in the back over the slipper nut opening. Sorry I don't have pics, no camera at the moment
    50 characters? Fail.

RC Competitor
    yeah i think they could have designed better protection from the start like a cover to go over the servo and block most of the rock problem i think my center shaft is bent a little because of a rock
    Revo2.5 (Mod 2 Slayer) MT2 G3.0, Creeper, Slash4x4

RC Qualifier
    they covering the hole was my first mod. I cut a old bike tire tube apart and cut a hole for the driveshaft then glued it to the chassie
    Owner of: 1/10 Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition

RC Enthusiast
    I removed the clear plastic shield that covers the driveshaft, so rocks dont have a chance to get stuck anywhere.

RC Racer
    Removing the cover is just as bad, The stones can still get in and actually the odds increase.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PontiacGT201
    they covering the hole was my first mod. I cut a old bike tire tube apart and cut a hole for the driveshaft then glued it to the chassie
    How is your bike tube mod holding up over time?

RC Qualifier
    well I did it on my rollor I just got. I wont be able to run the truck for a while.

ill get pics tomorrow
    Owner of: 1/10 Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition

RC Racer
    I just covered the holes edges with electrical tape and it works great...I just replace it every now and then.No rocks