RC Qualifier

Pro-Line Sling Shots Paddle Tires - Good?

I have seen some videos where these tires are torn and the foams poking thru the rubber, do these tires hold up at all?

RC Racer
    They work great when used for what they are intended for. Where i have seen them tear up is when people run them on pavement and other hard surfaces.

They are great in the loose sand at the beach or in the fluffy snow.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks

I already have a set on the way, then I saw the videos and got worried. But I'm looking to run them in the sand so hopefully they hold up.

RC Racer
    I ran a set all winter through the snow and had no issues. Ran them on the road when the snow was melting and they got chewed up pretty good.. but thats my own fault

RC Qualifier
    Im still thinking of getting a set for the sand when I go to NC. not sure yet well see. How good do they do in loose dry sand?
    Owner of: 1/10 Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition

RC Champion
    I have used them all winter long in the snow. They are great for it and would make the truck track straight as an arrow on the ice/snow covered road unlike my stock or monster size tires. I did tape mine though. The tire is very soft and flexible. I can definitely see untaped sling shots ripping open on 3s power.

Unfortunatly, sand hasn't been an option since I got the Slash in January. If it hasn't snowed it has rained. I don't want to get in wet sand at all! Can't wait to get to White Sands NM on vacation this year.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Qualifier
    Did you use duc tape on the inside of the tire?

RC Champion
    Yes. Duct tape the INSIDE of the tire. You have to turn the tire inside out, I actually had to cut a round around the role to make the strip skinnier. The roll of duct tape was wider than the tire. Make a lap, overlap about an inch, then turn it right side out again.

misbehavin' is a moderator on here and he has a web site that covers lots of things like that.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Qualifier
    Thanks

Did you have any problems with the tape causing the tires to go out of balance (causing excesive vibration or wobbling) when you did the one inch over lap?

RC Champion
    i dont think the 1" over lap would cause that much of a problem.

nb, canada?? i live next to there.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    I'm in Saint John, NB. Where are you?

RC Qualifier
    If you are putting them on wheels that have air holes, cover the holes up with tape or something. I ran mine once with the holes open and a bunch of sand got inside the tire. This caused it to balloon even worse and was alll out of balance. I emptied them out and put a small square of duct tape over the air hole and they are good now.

RC Champion
    I don't think the inch overlap is enough to knock it too far out of balance. I did have to lay down a few wrinkles in the tap. It makes the outside of the tire a little bumpy, but not bad. That was with gorilla tape though. Now that I have used gorilla tape a few times, I don't like it as much as duck brand duct tape from wal-mart. The gorilla tape is so stiff, it wrinkles worse and causes a bit more unbalance. I am only going to use duct tape from here on out. The gorilla tape adds quite a bit more weight too. Very heavy compared to cheap duct tape.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Champion
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=513122

This Is Race 3 to Chase! do you have a copy!?... This Is chase we read you loud and clear Race 3! ... This is Race 3 We are at MM (milemarker) 593 and These new axles are holding up great, we are 57 miles out from the Finish... Copy race 3 your leading by 5min. bring it on home!
    Last edited by Krazy-SLASH#1; 03-12-2010 at 05:01 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy-SLASH#1
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=513122

This Is Race 3 to Chase! do you have a copy!?... This Is chase we read you loud and clear Race 3! ... This is Race 3 We are at MM (milemarker) 593 and These new axles are holding up great, we are 57 miles out from the Finish... Copy race 3 your leading by 5min. bring it on home!
    Regarding the last part... I know people were mean on your tip thread, but enough with the axle-revenge effort, it's getting old.
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSlash4x4
    Regarding the last part... I know people were mean on your tip thread, but enough with the axle-revenge effort, it's getting old.
    yea... but me and a friend dont have axle problems sooo....