Thread: New guy!

RC Racer

New guy!

Hi folks! Im new here. I actually purchased my first RC car about a month ago. I purchased the Nitro Revo 3.3. I messed around with it for a few weeks and decided that it wasn't for me. I want something waterproof and electric. Something that will go fast, not be super loud and not need lots of work just to run it every day. I have narrowed my choices down to the Slash 4x4 and the E-Maxx Brushless.

I need your help. If you own one or both, give me your pros and cons. Your opinions on what I should get. I am not sure if I will ever get into pro racing but it is a possibility. I know that I like to ride around alot on dirt and mulch at the dog park. Something that can handle bashing.

So what are your thoughts between the two trucks. Also the platinum Slash is coming out soon. Should I wait for that? Thanks for your time and i'm looking forward to your replies.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyAnt
    Hi folks! Im new here. I actually purchased my first RC car about a month ago. I purchased the Nitro Revo 3.3. I messed around with it for a few weeks and decided that it wasn't for me. I want something waterproof and electric. Something that will go fast, not be super loud and not need lots of work just to run it every day. I have narrowed my choices down to the Slash 4x4 and the E-Maxx Brushless.

I need your help. If you own one or both, give me your pros and cons. Your opinions on what I should get. I am not sure if I will ever get into pro racing but it is a possibility. I know that I like to ride around alot on dirt and mulch at the dog park. Something that can handle bashing.

So what are your thoughts between the two trucks. Also the platinum Slash is coming out soon. Should I wait for that? Thanks for your time and i'm looking forward to your replies.
    Hi there and welcome,
    if i read your wishes carefully, you only have 1 choice without modifications.. Slash 4wd is waterproof out of box,e-maxx is not.

Having just bought my first rc car also, i can fully recommend slash,easy to use,easy to work on and lots of fun also.
    Guys with more knowlegde and experience will tell many pros and cons of both i am sure..

Platinium is not new model,well they all are, just over 2 months old...)
    It is ultimate you mean i suppose? There are 3 models of basicly the same item with different level of included items,see from traxxas home page what you want and then make your decision.
    I bought platinium againts many advices for my first truck and i am very glad i did. It was kind of fun to have do some assembly work before taking it out.. me NOT being greatest tool guy in the world... its fun to learn new things right?

J

RC Racer
    Yes, I meant Ultimate. Thanks for the reply and looking forward to more.

RC Racer
    If your going to bashing the emaxx is much much better suited to bashing. and its not super difficult to make it more water resistant. The slash would be better if you plan on racing, but if your just goofing around you'll have more fun with the emaxx.
    What?

RC Qualifier
    The E-maxx has to have two batteries at a time to run, which doubles your battery cost, charge time, and charger expense.

The Slash is plenty fun and cheaper to start out with.
    waterproof
    brushless
    2.4 gig radio
    4x4
    only one battery
    A LOT of fun.

My vote is SLASH
    Slash, Slash 4x4, T-Maxx 3.3, E-Maxx

RC poster
    my vote would be for the slash. I'm a nitro guy all the way but if i got a E it would be a slash 4x4 and if you do go lipo wich you should check out this site http://www.*********.com/*********/store/uh_index.asp