RC Enthusiast

Help with upgrading to a MM...

Hey guys, what's up?

January first, I came across an internet banner for the Traxxas Slash 4x4, which then linked me to Traxxas's Homepage... I was instantly hooked, an addiction that many of you all can relate to.

My question: I'm ready to upgrade to a castle creation esc and or a cc motor. Could anyone recommend the most stable setup? What Kv rating would be perfect for the truck? Should I go with the Mamba Max pro esc or the Mamba Monster?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

RC Champion
    Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

RC Champion
    the 2650 seems to be the right kv, i have seen both the mm pro and the monster, so i think it is a personal "which one do you want". just a bug in your ear, neither castle system's are water proof.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Champion
    I went 2200kv for more torque and absolutely no temp issues
    Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

RC Qualifier
    I would recommend the 2650 Mamba Monster. 2S seems like a good track set-up. 3S is comparable to Velineon and stays as cool as the other side of the pillow. 4S is ballistic. Now that I seem to have solved the slipper and front drive-shaft issues, my truck rocks. I'm thinking with CVDs (when available) bullit-proof is not out of the question.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm just looking for the best all-around mamba setup... 2650? Or 2200? And what would be the best esc for the motor?

RC Qualifier
    Having run it for several weeks now, I recommend the Mamba Monster 2650 motor and ESC combo. Upgrade to the Revo slipper and do the bearing mod, upgrade the front diff output and upgrade the rear stub axles or get CVDs. Once those things are done, you will be very happy with it. No heat issues and runs like a scalded dog.

RC Enthusiast
    Bearing mod? Could you explain?

RC Qualifier
    I believe http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=511141 is what he is referring to. I had my bearing seize and melt the plastic bushing. The bearing mod works better than the original IMO.
    4x4 PE & Beyond...

RC Qualifier
    The front of the stock slipper assembly rides on bearing that is seated on a plastic bushing that has a tendency to degrade or melt. It can be replaced by a combination of 5x10 and 5x11 bearings that works great.

Check this thread out.http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=511141

RC Qualifier
    Substance beat me to it.

RC Enthusiast
    awesome, thanks guys.