RC poster

Question about *********.com/*********.com

Ordered a charger, power supply, and two batteries on feb 19 and they are still "processing". How long should I wait before I give up?

RC Competitor
    I ordered a charger and two batteries and a power supply around the same time as you and mine are still processing too. If the item is on backorder they will hold the whole order till they get everything and they can ship everything out at once. I just checked on my order today and they got a BUNCH of ******* packs back in stock now including the ones i ordered i am just waiting on the charger to come in now which is the accucel 6. Just be paitient it says items on backorder USUALLY are back in stock within 14 days so your order should be out soon as well as mine. Plus they had the chinesse holiday and probably was slammed when they got back to work.
    Last edited by shaas0711; 03-09-2010 at 11:47 AM.

RC Racer
    Your problem is the Chinese new year. They have this issue every year at the same time because just about everyting in china closes for almost a month for the new year. If yo ucan't wait you can always cancel and go with hobbypartz.com I have one of their thunder AC6 chargers and it is awsome. I have also heard good things about there blue lipos

RC Racer
    I put in an order for 2 3S lipos on March 5th and they shipped on March 8th, but I also paid for EMS shipping because I need them quickly due to vacation. I havent ordered from them and not paid for EMS shipping so Im not sure what the wait is, just wanted to chime in and let you know they are sending stuff out and chinese new years slowed them down as well.

RC Racer
    I forgot to ask, when you ordered did show that everything was in stock? Maybe they are waiting for backorders to be filled.

RC Champion
    Yeah, thats true... they will only ship when everything on your order is in stock.. If you ordered 3 lipos and they only have 2. you will have to wait till the 3rd is in stock.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC poster
    Thanks all. I'll keep waiting. I'm not in a real big hurry. I probably won't be ready to go racing 'til the end of March.

RC Qualifier
    The cheap china stuff will kill this hobby. Funny how the rc hobby is just like what you see in other businesses. Buy cheap and put Americans out of work. I will never support that China crap when ever I can.

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas and the rest of them are made in China, pretty good quality. So is this keyboard and my computer . My 1:1 truck is American
    Last edited by radicalray; 03-09-2010 at 05:52 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by radicalray
    Traxxas and the rest of them are made in China, pretty good quality. So is this keyboard and my computer . My 1:1 truck is American

I even doubt that your 1:1 truck is american... Look close at the parts and I bet half or more are made somewhere overseas.

From what I see.. "made in america" batteries are WAY over priced and the "China" stuff is perfect for those who don't own Oil wells or stocks in Microsoft.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman65
    The cheap china stuff will kill this hobby. Funny how the rc hobby is just like what you see in other businesses. Buy cheap and put Americans out of work. I will never support that China crap when ever I can.
    Tamiya was one of the first RC modelers out there. They aren't American.

Face it this hobby did not originate in America.
    ENJOY the hobby, don't HATE it.

RC Qualifier
    if anything is a flame war, this is it. lol
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    It doesn't have to be a flame war. Just agree to disagree. Just buy the stuff where you feel is the right spot to buy it... I would Gladly buy Lipos and stuff from my LHS if I could get a 2S 5000mAh pack for $30 or so.. but they are $150 here and $18 and change from HK... If my LHS would order a bunch and sell them to me for a profit. I would buy from him so I didn't have to wait.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by madkawi650
    If my LHS would order a bunch and sell them to me for a profit. I would buy from him so I didn't have to wait.
    That's what my LHS does. Not too bad of a markup when you throw in shipping costs. They have some soft case 2s 5k packs for about $50 which, compared to the other lipos there ($65-$150), look like a steal if you don't know about *********.
    Been there, broken that.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by madkawi650
    I even doubt that your 1:1 truck is american... Look close at the parts and I bet half or more are made somewhere overseas.

From what I see.. "made in america" batteries are WAY over priced and the "China" stuff is perfect for those who don't own Oil wells or stocks in Microsoft.
    Ive worked in a few shops. We stamped fuel pumps with "Made in USA". The pump was assembled here and the ends and can were made here but the internals were made overseas.
    What?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman65
    What percentage of Rc parts are made in the US. Very few. Are any of the LIPO Cells made here? I doubt it.

Back to original question. ME and a friend ordered The same day in Early Feb. I orderd 4 lipos and 2 chargers, and he ordered 2 LIPO's. I got mine March 1st or 2nd, his still aren't here. In fact when mine arrived his said they still werent even shipped yet. WE ordered the same day same time. Within 2 minutes of each other.
    What?

RC Racer
    I haven't had any problems at all with the deliverys from *********, 5 separate orders since last spring and none (knock on wood) has been delayed or lost in transfer this far.

The difference of course is that my orders are headed for Sweden and not the US, if that's a difference that have any relevance, I don't know.
    On the rc-board where I spend my days in Sweden there are pretty many that haave ordered from ********* and seem to get their deliveries on time.
    50 char sig is not enough!

RC Qualifier
    Check your status, see if it says its processing, and if it is, click on it and find out why.. there may be an item that went into backorder when he bought his and its being held up until there is more stock.. did you pay for the express shipping and he paid regular?

Aside from that, this is a traxxas order, your questions should be directed at *********/********* through thier email support to resolve any issues with them

RC Racer
    keep emailing them with your order number i had one order like that but they filled it again and i rec it. normally they are fairly quick. otherwise i have ordered alot of bts from them with no probs
    its only money

RC Qualifier
    I emailed ********* yesterday and got this instant reply

"Please note we are experiencing delays in email reply's due to a server error.
    Please allow 48-72hrs for a reply"

RC Enthusiast
    Ordered 4 batteries, some wire, various connectors and a bag of 2s extensions last Monday. I paid $10 more for EMS shipping and it was on my doorstep when I got home last night.

I've only ordered from HC a few times. Previous orders were registered air mail and there was a huge spread in shipping times with no rhyme or reason. Depending on what you're ordering, EMS seems the way to go IMO.

BTW...the batteries were the ******* 2S 5200 30C's. Haven't run them yet, but voltages checked out good and cells were balanced. Only gripe is the 8 AWG leads!

RC Competitor
    My order finally shipped out yesterday the two 5800 25c ******* batteries a accucel 6 charger and a power supply. So your should be coming soon the charger was the only thing they was waiting on to get back in and they recieved over 100 from the company yesterday so mine shipped.