Hybrid View

RC Competitor

Problem the 2.4 Link receiver

I have a very strange issue going on with my new 2.4 Link system. I picked up a 2.4 Link HO and receiver from a T-Maxx and put it into my EMBE, everything great. I picked up a second receiver with plans of installing it into my electric 4-tec. However, after binding the receiver and transmitter together, I found out I had steering but no throttle. Here's the things I checked:

1. Steering and throttle both work perfect with original AM radio
    2. Steering and throttle both work perfect with the old style 2.4 system pulled from my EMBE. I hooked up that receiver and transmitter, no issues at all.
    3. New receiver works perfect in my EMBE. I can use either receiver in it with no problems.

I'm beginning to wonder now if for some strange reason the XTM Sportsman and Link receiver is not playing nicely together. Unfortunately I don't have an extra ESC lying around to test that theory with, but I'm really stumped since every other combo I have here works perfect, except for this one. Any input/suggestions/thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Jeff

EMBE, RPM skids
    Electric 4-tec, all stock

RC Competitor
    This may relate to the speed at which the new link receiver sends it's signal to the servo or esc. The standard rate for the industry sends the signal to the servos and esc at 50Hz (50 times/second). Some higher end systems can be set to send the signal faster if the servos and esc is compatible. The new traxxas link receiver sends the signal to the servos and esc at 100Hz (100 times/second). This is twice as fast and it doesn't appear to be adjustable. I know that some analog servos will have a problem with this. Your older ESC may have a problem as well.

RC Competitor
    Hmm...sounds like an ESC upgrade is in order. Will something like the XL-1 or XL-5 work, or do I need to convince my wife that the only thing that will fix it is a Velineon
    Jeff

EMBE, RPM skids

RC Competitor
    Thanks again wantAsummit, that was the problem exactly. I swapped in a XL-5 I picked up for a song, and it works perfect now.
    Jeff

EMBE, RPM skids