RC Qualifier

Exclamation Novak HV4.5SC Pro/MMP combo OMG!

Just got and installed the Novak HV4.5 Short Course Pro motor and Mamba Max Pro ESC. Oh my Goodness! What a difference! I can't believe that this has made SUCH a noticable difference in the running of my truck. It sounds different, FEELS different, and...well...IS different!

Haven't had time to take pics yet. Once I get around to it this Sunday or Monday then I'll post some pics. The install went without a hitch thanks to the advice and suggestions of YOU fine people! I made a mounting plate out of a piece of PVC plastic (a switchbox cover) that I bought at the local hardware store. Mounted the ESC with a piece of Servo Tape and mounted the switch to the side of the ESC also with Servo Tape.

I powered it up, calibrated the ESC and in a matter of a couple minutes was out bashing around the street in front of my house. All the neighborhood kids gathered to watch. I think they wouldv'e been more impressed if I'd have had the patience to put the LID on the truck...kinda looks wierd without it! lol

My heatsink (that I bought to fit the stock motor) also fit the 550 motor...although I DOUBT very seriously that it's needed. It LOOKS cool!

I was absolutely blown away by the performance increase. I spent a little extra getting the ESC because everyone was sold out, so I ordered it directly from Castle Creations, so I paid RETAIL (shudder at the thought! lol) for it. So I spent $150 on the ESC, $100 on the motor, and about $30 on connectors/servo tape/and wires. So still less than buying a MMM combo...and I think that it'll compete VERY well on the track.

I checked with my local track owner about the rules for racing this summer and I can get away with any motor/esc or battery that I want. But since I have a few 2S batteries already...I'm gonna stick with them. But I'll probably order a couple of Thunder Power 50c/100c batteries for racing. Since I can go with as BIG a battery as I want, they'll probably be at least 5000Mah's.

Can't wait for MONDAY to get to the track and see how much difference it makes in practice!
    Paul Valenti

Slash 4X4 #25 (Mark Jenkins)

RC Competitor
    Sounds nice, man. But... for the record, a MMM combo with a 2200 or 2650, mount, and Stampede receiver box can be obtained for much less than you paid for your setup. I wouldn't have mentioned this at all but you are the one talking about price. I'm just keepin' it real.

Ebay with Bing Cashback is the way to go.

Paul, did you know you can walk into CC and pick stuff up?
    I just got mine buttoned up, A Xerun and 4.5. I'm interested to see the difference in our esc's. So hopefully the bash will happen tomorrow. .
    a MMM combo with a 2200 or 2650, mount, and Stampede receiver box can be obtained for much less than you paid for your setup.
    Not after you add the cost of weight
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck
    Not after you add the cost of weight
    True that, man. Even though weight is more of an abstract in this context.

RC Qualifier
    I'll have to trust you on that one because on Castle's own website the MMM combos are going for more than I paid for my motor/esc. I COULD have gotten the ESC for $130 shipped if I wanted to wait...so that's got to figure into things IF we are comparing pricing with ONLINE options. But as I said...I didnt' want to wait...so I ordered the ESC from Castle. Turns out that I got it in 3 days (ordered on Saturday, at my door on Tuesday)! I would STILL be waiting if I'd have ordered from Tower, most likely.

The MMM/combo on Castle's website is $350. It's $300 on Tower and I'd just bet it doesn't come with the Mount or the reciever box. So how is it that I'd get it cheaper than mine which I paid less than $280 for? Not arguing...just curious.
    Paul Valenti

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck
    Paul, did you know you can walk into CC and pick stuff up?
    I just got mine buttoned up, A Xerun and 4.5. I'm interested to see the difference in our esc's. So hopefully the bash will happen tomorrow. . Not after you add the cost of weight
    Yes I DO know that. However it's in Lenexa and I'm up by the airport and shipping was only $5. With my music career, my sound business, and my girlfriend...my life is already busy enough. For $5 I would rather just wait the 2 or 3 days and save the gas and time! lol Impatient AND Lazy...great combo huh!? lol
    Paul Valenti