RC Qualifier

STRC Big Bore shocks and shaft question

As the title shows, I'm looking to upgrade my stock shocks to the STRC big bores. Now my question is this; How do I know which shock shaft to order? It appears that there's 2 or 3 different lengths available. I'm looking at amainhobbies.com, I might buy these at my LHS since price there isn't too crazy for these. Thanks for any help. BTW, I can't use my stock shock shafts. I bent them at the bottom where the shock screws to the a-arm, really bad location for the shock mount! Bent the front 2 last week and tonight I took care of the rears lol.
    Mike Zadler
    Slash 4x4 SOLD!
    Slash 2wd

RC Racer
    you can just use the ones from your stock slash 4x4 if that is what you are asking. i have them and just removed all the "guts" i needed from my stock shocks

RC Qualifier
    If you are wanting to do BIG BORE's in the STRC shock bodies then you'll need BIG BORE components. The shafts are really the ONLY inner difference as far as I can tell. The traxxas part numbers are 1664T for the fronts and 2656T for the rears. The only other real difference in the parts is that the Big Bores come with aluminum caps which your LHS will almost certainly have on hand. The rest of the components can come from your ULTRA (stock) shocks I believe.

Someone might know better than me and if so PLEASE correct me on this.

Again...the BIG BORES come with Titanium Nitride coated shock shafts...they don't bend. That's the REAL advantage of Big Bores, that and the aluminum body and caps. You've got the body...just need the caps and shafts IMO.
    Paul Valenti

Slash 4X4 #25 (Mark Jenkins)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sugaluva
    you can just use the ones from your stock slash 4x4 if that is what you are asking. i have them and just removed all the "guts" i needed from my stock shocks
    I can't use my stock shafts, all 4 are bent beyond use for the most part. The chrome plating is either gone or cracked at where the bend was at.

Thanks pvalenti for the replacement part #'s.
    Mike Zadler
    Slash 4x4 SOLD!
    Slash 2wd

RC Racer
    ok then just do what pvalenti said. The shocks do look good though. what color are you going with?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sugaluva
    ok then just do what pvalenti said. The shocks do look good though. what color are you going with?
    Well I'm hoping to get the blue annodized ones. Only because I want to stand out a little more in the pits. I already have blue a-arms and a blue alum. motor fan. When I do a new body the color I'm looking at is a Cobalt blue pearl but might do a flat blue instead.
    Mike Zadler
    Slash 4x4 SOLD!
    Slash 2wd

RC Racer
    i have the silver driveline, silver motor plate, silver threaded shocks all on mine along with the newly painted body and the blitz tires.

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/x...G5333Small.jpg

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/x...G5332Small.jpg

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/x...G5331Small.jpg

RC Qualifier
    NONE of those picture links work at all man. Just takes me to Photobucket's website to the main page.
    Paul Valenti

Slash 4X4 #25 (Mark Jenkins)