RC Racer

New 2.4 HO binding issues.

Hey guys,

I have a new Summit that came with the newest High Output 2.4 Link radio. I also purchased two additional 5-channel receivers.

My radio worked fine in the Summit. I added a new Rx to my E-Maxx, and bound the Rx to the Tx. It worked fine, and binding takes a split second.

But there is a problem. When I wanted to use my Sunnit, the Tx and Rx were no longer bound to each other. I had to remove the Rx cover (this had me baffled for a while trying to re-bind using only the EVX on/off button!) and get the radio to re-bind on the Summit. Again it took a split second and I was able to drive my Summit. I later went back to my E-Maxx and guess what. Yup, no longer bound to the Tx. So I did the binding routine on the E-Maxx and drove it. Later I tried the Summit and it was no longer bound to the Tx.

It is my understanding from Traxxas marketing that the 2.4G Link Tx can bind to 20 Rx's and recognize each one simply by turning on the model.

What am I doing wrong, that I cannot even get my Tx to recognize two Rx's?

RC Competitor
    I think the issue is that it doesn't actually have the Traxxas Link. Looking at the pictures on the Traxxas site, it appears the Summit does have the newer black 2.4 GHZ radio, but it doesn't say Traxxas Link on it, which means it's not a Link radio. Since it doesn't have link, it can only bind to and remember 1 model at a time, which is consistent with the behavior you described.
    Jeff

EMBE, RPM skids
    Electric 4-tec, all stock

RC Qualifier
    He's right. Only the brushless truck and the truck considered as "fast" truck have the real Traxxas Link version of the radio. You got the newer radio but it cannot bing and remember 20 rx at same time and has a little bit less range. I found this to be weird. They though that because you don't go fast with summit you don't go far but you lose other benefit at same time just to keep cost down. They should have sell the truck 10-15$ more and put the same radio on all truck. When you are ready to spend 550$ on a truck I think that you don't care to pay 10-15 more buck to get a better radio.

I would have understand this if it was for an XL5 bandit/rustler/stampede... But for a summit... It can be a brushed truck but it's no way an entry level truck.
    No pain! No Gain!

RC Racer
    WHAT??????

Oh this really stinks! I was mislead by the Traxxas marketing, intentionally I believe.

Yes, I realize now. My transmitter does not say Link. Traxxas made it in black color though, just like the Link radio when before the plain 2.4G radio was gray.

Miselading, Misleading, Misleading!

I am very very upset about this, Traxxas!

RC Racer
    I have sent a letter to Traxxas support informing them of my displeasure. I believe this is intentional hoodwinking. I suggested that Traxxas "do the right thing" and offer a swap of the plain radio to the Link version for a small nominal fee.

RC Racer
    Okay, I am calmed down now. But it still bugs me.

I was just looking at the Traxxas website, and the Summit #5607 parts list (my truck) and to further add to my confusion, the parts list states the radio that comes with the Summit is indeed the HO Link version:

http://www.traxxas.com/PDF-Library/5607-parts.pdf

So what the heck is going on? Traxxas? Can you respond please?

RC Competitor
    On the back of your transmitter, what is the part number? You're correct in that the parts list shows the Link version, and it's not in bold, indicating it's not option, but rather included. I think there was some discussion on this in the sticky at the top of this forum.
    Jeff

EMBE, RPM skids
    Electric 4-tec, all stock

THANK YOU For the email alerting me to this message. As I've said in other threads, you should all feel free to ping me at pvieira@traxxas.com.

The parts list is mis-printed, and I've taken steps to get that fixed immediately. It should show the Traxxas Link systems in bold, to indicate they are OPTIONS for the Summit, not standard equipment.

The misprint is a bummer, but the box art for the Summit is completely correct and does not show or make mention of the Traxxas Link/High Output radio system. Likwise, we have not done any advertising that shows Summit with a Traxxas Link/High Output radio system. So, no one out there should feel they were promised a Traxxas Link transmitter with their Summit (or Slash, which includes the 2-channel version of the Summit's radio).

For a more thorough discussion of the radio systems, check out my post on this thread. That should clear everything up.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterV

The misprint is a bummer,

...no one out there should feel they were promised a Traxxas Link transmitter with their Summit
    Well, that is exactly how I feel.

Thanks for responding.