Thread: Slash 4x4????

RC Enthusiast

Slash 4x4????

I see a lot of slash 4x4 all over in internet For Sale,Do they suck or what?

RC Racer
    nah they dont suck, jus dumb ppl buy em and then think they do bc its prob not what they were lookin for.... they are BEAST imo,,, i was drivin mine thru the flooded street earlier, and the only part that goes bad are the axles... besides that it takes the same abuse as a chunk of steel
    im goin big, then goin home

RC Qualifier
    Mine is by FAR the most fun truck I have had out of n 1/10 erevo, rustler vxl mini revo vxl. VERY durable. Handles ok but, I only have the rtr. Great truck
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Mini Revo VXL
    Rustler VXL
    Micro-T

RC Champion
    Um, no...?
    But if you see platinums for sale all over the place, let us know!!!
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Competitor
    I love mine. I agree with E-REVOdreamer
    For Bashers,By Bashers

RC Racer
    Well, they do seem like everyone is breaking them an awful lot.. But I do know that truck is only as good as the person using it. I'm extremely interested in purchasing one, but I've heard everything from the axles snap to the ESC fries to the DriveTrain freezes at full compression... I would be using the Truck purely as a 4x4 SCT racer. Maybe I should wait to see if they make some updates when they have a 2nd generation Slash.. $400 is alot to spend to be like 'Crap, not what I expected..'
    http://67.199.85.166/misc/2009/watao-page_y.php

RC Enthusiast
    man dont let a few overly-vocal complainers give you the wrong impression. this truck is TOUGH! i have been bashing mine (just the rtr) MERCILESSLY for two months, letting my kids bash on it with 3s lipos, jumps, curbs, top speed cartwheels, and have only broken a rear hub carrier(plastic, it was 10* and i slid it sideways into a parked car at 40 or so) and a front shock shaft (full speed off a ramp and head on into a tree) i replaced both with upgraded parts ($25 for a pair of big bores and $3 for rpm carrier) and have'nt been able to break anything else yet.

RC Qualifier
    The only way your going to snap an axel is if your rolling or landing your truck with the wheel's spinning at nearly full speed. I've put in about an hour and a half of run time on my truck and have yet bent or snapped an axel stud. I'm a rookie to the off road racing scene, not a rookie to on road racing though.

The only way you will fry the ESC is if your running it too hot due to bad gearing.

As for the drivetrain seizing up on full compression of the suspension, I've yet to hear about this one from anyone in person or on this forum.

In my 1st race back I was getting very frustrated with my driving. On the last lap I decided to try and make a 25' double, I didn't make it. Landed all 4 wheels on the upside of the ramp about a foot short of the top. Truck kept going and nothing wrong with it at all. Pretty durable truck IMO. It does need some tuning but overall sweet truck.
    Mike Zadler
    Slash 4x4 SOLD!
    Slash 2wd