Thread: Wrc

RC Racer

Wrc

Traxxas should consider looking into wrc. What do you think?
    Cars can fly too!

RC Qualifier
    I agree. Even if its not a full car sponsorship it would still be nice to see some stickers on some cars. Like Ken Block for instance. He's recently become one of the most well know drivers out there. You can buy replica clothes all over the place. Slap a Traxxas sticker on his car and a little screenprint on the shirts and Traxxas will have a ton more business.

RC Qualifier
    Completely.

WRC might be expensive, but Rally America would be excellent and affordable. Now with the competition in X-Games the advertising ROI is excellent.

Traxxas needs to sponsor a car.

hint, hint.

Plethora of brushless stupidity.

RC Qualifier
    Imagine 20k spectators and hundreds of thousands of tv viewers watching this with 'Traxxas' plastered on them...

Plethora of brushless stupidity.

RC Qualifier
    it would bring a heck of a lot more people into the hobby, thats for sure.
    Bone-Stock Slash FTW!!!

RC Qualifier
    WRC is kinda out of there leauge because it isnt in the US. Rally America would be good for traxxas thought! They just need a RC rally car.....
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

crash14
    You guys just might be on to something...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by crash14

I hope so

That would be the gateway to a new Traxxas RC rally car

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by crash14
    Are we really on to something? You can't just say that and not give any leads. I was honestly about to buy a rally car from the only company that makes one...
    Cars can fly too!

RC Champion
    Been said before, I'll say it again. The 4Slash would be a perfect starting point for a Rally car. SHorter arms for a narrower stance (so the bodies would be more in scale) smaller tires, and bang, a rally car!! I want one!!
    RustyVXL, HPI RS4 Rally, RC18MT
    Mobius1 crashed!

RC Racer
    Ya it shouldn't be that hard, I bought a 1/8 scale citroen xsara body a while back for my 4x4, it almost worked but the center of gravity was to high and i would have had to dremel off the bumpers. There is potential in that chassis if traxxas were to make some minor changes, like on the revo and slayer.
    Cars can fly too!

RC Racer
    Hmm looks like nothing really caught on
    Cars can fly too!

RC Competitor
    If trx is going to go with a rally car it should be a legit rally CAR, aka a spin off of the 4tec or something, unfortunatly though belt driven rally cars arent the best. I have an Xray T1FK04 rally car that I spent a good amount of time converting and it runs AMAZING!!!! Just as much fun as the Corr trucks however takes alot more skill to drive as jump timing matters ten fold. I've been addicted to Dirt2 for a while and just finished a Ken block body.

Anyhow either way, a production rally car would be cool, 10th scale wise. I've been digging around for a cheap HPI electric rally for a while. I have an HPI Super Nitro RS4 Rally and although the thing is cool, the engineering portion on their behalf blows.

Traxxas. Get on it!
    93 Stealth ES 92 3000GT VR4 - 94 240sx Vert

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 1320VR4
    Traxxas. Get on it!

+1 Get it on!

RC poster
    If traxxas made a rally car rtr, and as easy to run and fix as my slash's, I would definitely buy one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx225
    WRC is kinda out of there leauge because it isnt in the US. Rally America would be good for traxxas thought! They just need a RC rally car.....
    Well it's a plus plus. If will help traxxas get big in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. And it will help Rally get big in the U.S.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC poster
    I've been in the market for a rally car as well. Been considering the Tamiya DF03-Ra. Probably the only reason - except a tight budget - for not buying one is I'm hoping Traxxas will come out with a Rally version of the 4-Tec. I'd prefer electric though. You can run it anywhere since it would be Traxxas waterproof no doubt.

Come on Traxxas.
    Slash 2WD - Xray M18 - Associated SC18

RC Qualifier
    I pretty much have gotten out of RC. Still come on here once in a while, usually check the other sites more.

If RC Rally car racing started at some tracks, and Traxxas made one, I would probably get back into RC.

Would be great fun to race rally cars!
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Racer
    Ya i have been trying to make my 4-tec into a rally car, all the outer parts don't break (arms, shock tower, chassis) but the belts get chewed up withing a few runs. It's alot of run but not worth buying the belts.
    Cars can fly too!

RC Racer
    I would totally buy a traxxas rally car. rally is the best form of motorsports.

RC Champion
    rof****.....
    we ask and we shall receive. what about the nitro version how long before that one?
    just got a revo
    so long spacemaxx

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoke88 View Post
    I agree. Even if its not a full car sponsorship it would still be nice to see some stickers on some cars. Like Ken Block for instance. He's recently become one of the most well know drivers out there. You can buy replica clothes all over the place. Slap a Traxxas sticker on his car and a little screenprint on the shirts and Traxxas will have a ton more business.
    Too bad Ken Block gets trounced every race and even the American broadcasts don't spend much time showing him drive... Don't get me wrong, he's a great driver and can do some amazing things but if you jump into the WRC you really need to have a handle on things.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry to say this guys, but i have seen the wrc drivers closeup and ive seen block riding around and both partys cant do what the others do. Block is awesome in its own gymkhana and should leave wrc alone. He is no match for the others.

Just look at raikonen, he doesnt finish one rally but is awesome in a f1 car.

RC Champion
    I posted this question before. I have a Subaru WRX that I'm building up slowly. Money is tight to build a decent rally car. Hint, Hint traxxas. I would be willing to let my car be plastered with traxxas vinyl. Not saying I'd jump right into rally america but the lower level for a year of testing, then Rally america here I come. With some help$$$$.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*