RC Qualifier

Stock Traxxas Shock Oil

Anyone know what the stock Traxxas shock oil weight is?

RC Enthusiast
    I can't remember off-hand. However, it is in the manual.

RC Enthusiast
    Its pretty close to being water. lol

RC Qualifier
    Don't see it in the manual.

RC Qualifier
    I believe its 30wt or close to water as red said. Thats the first thing I replace on all my rigs.

RC Enthusiast
    The information is on page 21. Right by the big shock picture. "From the factory, shock oil is set to 50W in the front shocks and 40W in the rear."

RC Enthusiast
    which is very weird...when i redid mine with losi 45wt i noticed that the losi 45wt was way thicker...maybe they recommend whats used on the setup sheet

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by street
    which is very weird...when i redid mine with losi 45wt i noticed that the losi 45wt was way thicker...maybe they recommend whats used on the setup sheet
    Like I said -- and last time I checked in the literary world quotation marks indicate a direct quote, especially when I cited the exact page of the specific source -- it came directly from the manual on page 21. It was not from any set-up sheet, it is in the manual: "From the factory, shock oil is set to 50W in the front shocks and 40W in the rear."

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoke88
    I believe its 30wt or close to water as red said. Thats the first thing I replace on all my rigs.
    Agree with that
    We ride together..We die together..Bad Boys 4Life

RC Qualifier
    i know the 2wd slash has 30 wt front and rear. the manual says that is has 50wt front and 40 rear on the 4x4.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    Like I said -- and last time I checked in the literary world quotation marks indicate a direct quote, especially when I cited the exact page of the specific source -- it came directly from the manual on page 21. It was not from any set-up sheet, it is in the manual: "From the factory, shock oil is set to 50W in the front shocks and 40W in the rear."
    yes i read what you said already...i understand the whole " " thing...was just stating that its alot thinner than the 45 i put in...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner6903
    i know the 2wd slash has 30 wt front and rear. the manual says that is has 50wt front and 40 rear on the 4x4.
    +1 that is correct.
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p