RC Champion

How's the new "link" Radio working for ya'll?

I'm thinking about selling my dx3.0 and getting a couple of the new Traxxas link radios for my 2 revos, stampede and my sons slash. I really like the idea of being able to use either TX on any of the 4 Trucks... I am having to wait for the 4ch version for one as one revo needs the 3rd channel. I had the orginal TRX 2.4 in my ERBE but sold it since i had the DX3.0 and several trucks but had no issues with it. It seemed solid and the buddy that has it still likes it. Plus i just like the feel of the TRX radios better. I'll probably get use the upgrade option from TRX for my son then once the 4ch come out get that for myself.

But thought I'd ask your opinions before i started down this path.

RC Champion
    I'm just opposite of you. I hate the feel of the TQ radios. The radio itself gets the job done, but I love my Futaba 3pm. My buddy likes the TQ but I think it feels to much like a "toy" than a model. From what I can see though, they are good radios. The only drawback is the way you have to go through the menu. It tells you to wait for the light to flash red, green, 2x, 3x, 4x, push this, then this. I think that would be a bid drawback. My buddy said he's just going to leave his alone.
    Revo, Brushless, 50mph, $800, No You Cant

RC Qualifier
    I like mine, it is better than the AM one I have with the 2wd Slash.
    Slash, Slash 4x4, T-Maxx 3.3, E-Maxx

RC Racer
    i love it, but it has one issue that annoys me. when switchig between my 4x4 and 2wd slash, it'll get the multi function knob mixed up. the 4x4 should be set on expo, but sometimes i'll turn it on and it'll be set to steering throw and will limit the travel to 25% (what i run for expo). the expo doesn't change from 25%, but it's annoying to have to set the knob back and forth depending on how it wants to sync up...

RC Champion
    Yeah I can see that being anoying. I don't use most of the features on the dx3 I mainly got it so ionly had one controller to worry about.

The idea of being able to hand a controller to someone and be able to have them drive my stampede at the same time as I drive the slash or revo really appeals to me.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyFan
    I'm just opposite of you. I hate the feel of the TQ radios. The radio itself gets the job done, but I love my Futaba 3pm. My buddy likes the TQ but I think it feels to much like a "toy" than a model. From what I can see though, they are good radios. The only drawback is the way you have to go through the menu. It tells you to wait for the light to flash red, green, 2x, 3x, 4x, push this, then this. I think that would be a bid drawback. My buddy said he's just going to leave his alone.
    I love the ergonomics of it, but the trigger pull travel stops a little past flush with the transmitter housing...not good. Also that push this and that menu crap....who could remember all that??? Good thing they have the instruction sheet, but it's still a HUGE pain!

Edited for Language
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-02-2010 at 05:24 PM.

RC Champion
    I sold my 3PM and got a couple of the new Link 2.4ghz systems for the same reasons you want to. I couldn't be happier, they're great radios. It's so nice having either one of them able to control any of my trucks.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Qualifier
    got the link RX and TX but have not had the chance to run it much just a test run. So if i want to use this TX with my other trucks i just purchase a couple Link RX's?
    Rustler VXL FLM-Pede VXL Slash PE

RC Champion
    I love the feel of the TQ radios, its the most comfortable radio I have ever had. But I wouldn't trade my DX3S for one, the link setup just seems like a pain to use, the menu system on the spektrum is so easy a caveman could do it.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Qualifier
    I like it well enough, I ended up getting two more receivers off ebay for $40 each. I have a 3PM on my Rock Crawler, and I planned on getting more receivers for the 3PM. But for $75 each it's not worth it to me, especially when my Mini Revo, Revo and Slash are all 2 channel.
    REVO 18TZ
    SLASH 4x4 - Selling

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Works fine, no problems.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???