RC Racer

Slash 4x4 handling & rollover

A few months ago I converted my Rustler VXL into a Slash and wasn't quite happy with it. I was very used to the low ground clearance of the Rustler and the amount of rollover I was getting wasn't satisfactory. Sure, you could attribute it to me needing more experience with the truck, but the point is I wasn't happy with how it was handling. Needless to say it got converted back into the Rustler, although I kept the Slash wheels.

When the Slash 4x4 came out, I simply dismissed it because of my previous experience with the 2wd version. Now as I do some more reading, I'm seeing that it has a full 1" less of ground clearance making me think that it may handle worlds better.

For anyone that has driven both (and I'm sure there are a lot of you out there), how does the 4x4 handle vs the 2wd? I was also hoping maybe the 4x4 was heavier, keeping it more grounded, but I haven't been able to find anything to confirm this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

RC Qualifier
    I have the 4x2, 4x4 and the Rusty......
    Of course the 4x4 handles waaaaay better than both of them.....
    If u set up the 4x2 or 4x4 truck correctly it should eliminate the roll overs. IMO the 4x2 Slash handles way better than the Rusty did on a loose dirt track.
    Ohhhh Crap~

RC Racer
    Mostly I am running on pavement or grass. In my neighborhood bashing or on occasion I'll take the trucks to a park or something.

RC Qualifier
    Okay.....the Rusty does handle better on street.
    Ohhhh Crap~

RC Enthusiast
    I don't have mine set up completely like the Slayden recommendations, but I can tell you that compared to other stadium trucks, it rolls much easier. I'm running in carpet though, and those trucks will almost run circles around me. I'm sure it will be different on dirt, but I haven't run it on dirt yet. Center of gravity is higher on the slash than on the blitz and sc10 trucks, and there's not much you can do about that. Just my .02

RC Racer
    I've decided to snag an HPI Blitz this weekend. I really don't want to put out the cash for another 4x4 (already have an E-Revo), but I do want another short course truck that will hopefully handle better than my original Rustler VXL to Slash conversion.

RC Qualifier

MERV Race Setup(pics)

Wooooohhhahha Sorry i totally just put a new post in this thread. my bad carry on=)
    Snap Racing