Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC poster
    I also have 2239 model. Which is a 3 channel radio. It does say LINK & it does say High Output and has red buttons.

I also, have a 2 channel radio that says LINK but does not say High Output but have yellow buttons.

!

RC poster
    Sorry I am confused:

I have this Transmitter:

How many Models i can bind?
    and what receiver will work?
    Is there any manual for my transmitter out there?

RC Qualifier
    Standard 2.4, can not use the 2218 link receiver. 2217 receiver is the one to use. 1 model only. I think it is standard operation as the regular TQ3. There is no programing for the gray case, 2.4 standard radio. Post #18 on page 1 covers this in this thread. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by papermaker; 07-07-2010 at 08:41 AM.

RC poster
    After trying to bind my traxxas link radio i got with my slash 4x4 to some new 2.4 recievers i just got to replace all my older non 2.4ghz models and having trouble i came and checked the website looking for info. After looking and finding no solution i thought i would check here. Now that i have read this i must say that i am pretty upset by this, i just bought 3 recievers at $40 bucks a pop and none of them will work with my link i appartently bought the older 2.4 ghz #2217 that will not work with any of the transmitter i have. So now i have 3 older recievers that i cant use at all and my hobby shop has a no return police. I love everything i have ever got from traxxas and i relize why they did it this way but it is confusing even the guy that owns the hobby shop was confused by this. So i thought it might help someone else if i posted this to keep it from happing to them, make sure you do your homework and then still doublecheck it again what you have and what it will work with.

RC poster

so did I...

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77
    Oh, no... I bought from eBay a new TQ 2.4Ghz 4-ch transmitter and 5-ch receiver from a 2.4Ghz Summit thinking it was the Link version...

...turns out it is the 2244 model, for which I can not find instructions for and the throttle trim is so far out that it has no neutral and no reverse... fun times !

RC Qualifier
    Ok. Dumb question. I have the black case non HO version.2244. Does it multi model memory? I have 6 trucks and way too many transmitters kicking around.
    HK Brushless Summit!!!

RC Qualifier
    im trying to get a 4 channel 2.4ghz radio with link (for multiple models) and H.O but things are still kinda hazy

the summit has the
    -NON link
    -NON high output
    -(black)

supposedly the radio I want is the
    -Traxxas Link
    -High Output
    -(black)
    -says "traxxas link" on the radio

but on on the traxxas accessory page they only show
    - does not say "traxxas link" nor does the description mentions "link"
    -does not say High ouput" nor does the description mention h.o
    -(grey)

I cannot find the model 2240 on the website
    If someone knows of its existance please point it out/post link for me
    Tekin 4ws Summit
    G2R, ERBE, BB
    Use common sense

RC Qualifier
    Last edited by papermaker; 09-17-2010 at 09:19 PM.
    Don't fry bacon naked.
    HFMAFEE

RC Racer
    im looking for some help with this new 2.4 system. I have a Tmaxx 4908 with reverse and I just bought a 2218 transmitter and reciever and I need to know if it will allow me to use my reverse since I did not see a red thumb switch on the handle.

Im new to this FM stuff so go easy on me

RC Racer
    wow, Ijust read a few threads for an hour and my brain is cooked. I cannot believe how many different models are out there. Traxxas, is there really a need for that? Come on now...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BOTTLEDZ28 View Post
    im looking for some help with this new 2.4 system. I have a Tmaxx 4908 with reverse and I just bought a 2218 transmitter and reciever and I need to know if it will allow me to use my reverse since I did not see a red thumb switch on the handle.

Im new to this FM stuff so go easy on me

You need the button. It shows it here:
    http://www.traxxas.com/products/mode...ro/4907tmaxx33
    Last edited by papermaker; 01-06-2011 at 02:42 AM.
    Don't fry bacon naked.
    HFMAFEE

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    wow, what a mess. I seen no answers to the 2 posts where the members only were able to bind 2 rxs.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    I was under the impression the 2239 is a 2238 with a third channel for adding reverse as an upgrade to trucks that do not have reverse as an installed option, i.e. the T-Maxx 3.3 I just bought as opposed to the 2.5 which I believe has Reverse already.

RC Qualifier
    If you look at the new Maxx under the gallery it shows 2 radios. One with no reverse switch and one with reverse button. If you look under accessories it gives the image for the 4 channel radio, so I don't know what gives. The Classic Maxx shows the old TQ3 which is am. No 2.4 with that unless you buy one. The accessories section has like 4 options for radio/receiver combo.

I looked again at the parts list for the 3.3 and it says that it comes with a 4 channel 2.4 link radio.
    2208 radio system
    2240 radio

Google search shows 2239 is indeed the 3 channel red thumb switch radio, so you should have to only buy the reverse kit.
    Last edited by papermaker; 03-11-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    Don't fry bacon naked.
    HFMAFEE

RC Qualifier
    I just purchased a used slash at my lhs. It came with a 2.4ghz tx/rx setup. Everything I see as far as setting this up or restoring factory defaults is for transmitters with menu and set buttons. Mine however only has a set button. The reason I bring this up is because I have terrible turning radius on my slash. I was hoping maybe it was something as simple as end points but not sure how to set/change/restore settings if possible.... Any help will be greatly appreciated!

RC Qualifier
    Maybe this?
    http://traxxas.com/support/Steering-binds and check to see that the servo saver is working correctly.

Is this it?
    http://buy.traxxas.com/popup_image.p...276b846odp0mm4

This is from Tower:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...XWET6&P=7#tech
    NOTE:NO PROGRAMING REQUIRED. ???

I did some research and if you have the 1st generation(grey) model the set button is for linking the tx/rx, that all. There is no advanced programing with this radio. Your steering issue is probably binding or some worn parts as it is used. Hope this helped you.
    Don't fry bacon naked.
    HFMAFEE

RC Qualifier
    The radio I have is a darker grey than the ones in the links. I found out that it is not programable.

This is it. http://traxxas.com/support/parts/tra...2228tq24ghz2ch

I have the 4wd bellcranks and found a solution. Turns out the draglink is too short. I legthened it and got my steering. Thanks for the info and your time.

RC Racer
    And I have always thought that my brand new Summit came with the latest link High Output radio. Now that I know it is a fairly standard 4 channel radio with low output AND since I don't usually like the trigger style of radio (my preference is dual stick) I will look at changing the radio. I would like to keep the nice small RX though and I wonder if it would bind with any other DSSS radio? I willl be receiving a ******* 2.4Ghz radio soon and willl be able to check it out. I know that the standard reply will be that it won't bind with any TX other than the Traxxas but it does no harm to try, otherwise I will have to swap them alll out and will llook to sell the whole radio system.

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas makes a 2 channel stick. I don't know why it would not bind. The Spektrum rx is used in Losi cars with Losi radios. As long as it's DSSS you should be fine I would think. Let us know.
    Last edited by papermaker; 05-26-2011 at 06:23 AM.
    Don't fry bacon naked.
    HFMAFEE

RC Competitor
    Is this correct:

2208 = 4 ch Link radio w/2218(x) Link receiver
    2240 = 4 ch Link radio only
    2244? = 4 ch standard 2.4 non Link but works with the 2218 Link receiver(early 2.4 Summit radio)

and in reality, the radio is actually a 5 ch transmitter,
    ESC
    Steering
    Gear shift
    F Diff
    R Diff
    Summit; ERBE; E-Slayer; MERVs
    Wraith; AX10; RX10

Quote Originally Posted by papermaker View Post
    Traxxas makes a 2 channel stick. I don't know why it would not bind. The Spektrum rx is used in Losi cars with Losi radios. As long as it's DSSS you should be fine I would think. Let us know.
    That is because both Spektrum and Losi are OWNED by Horizon Hobby.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    I can confirm that the Traxxas RCV will not bind with ******* 9ch TX, least of all because the Trunigy turned out to be FHSS and not DSSS ! SO no go there, I will have to swop out the whole system, but ******* RCV is a mere 8.99 each, so not big deal here. The ******* transmitter can also be flashed with new custom firmware and so will be super flexible.

RC Champion
    Hi guys,
    Ive been reading all morning and im getting more confused..
    I can get a great deal on these 2 Traxxas TX and RX... HOWEVER they are no a matching set, the fella says that in his for sale ad. The picture is fuzzy, but Im hoping someone might be able to tell me if they look like they could be linked or Bound to each other.
    Thanks in advance,
    Greg
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

The two Traxxas transmitters are the high output Traxxas Link version--you can tell by the black-chrome wheels.

If you haven't already seen them, posts 18, 20, and 22 of this thread should help readers trying to understand the difference in Traxxas 2.4GHz transmitters. Also this article if you're wondering about TQi compatibility.

RC Champion
    WOW thats a Fast reply.. thank you..
    So the TX's are the new style and chances are the Radios aren't much older.. So would it be reasonable to assume the units could be bound to each other ?

Thanks again,
    Greg

haha, you popped in with a reply again before I finished this post.
    Last edited by madkawi650; 02-07-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Traxxas employees too fast for me. lol
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

Assuming the receivers shown are the ones that were included with the transmitters, they are Traxxas Link-enabled and you can bind both TXs to both RXs.

Whether your vehicle included the silver-wheel "non Traxxas Link" TX or the black-chrome-wheel Traxxas Link TX, it comes with the same 2218X Traxxas Link receiver.

Glad to help!

Traxxas Link is pretty cool. When we do our Try-Me Tracks at events, we cross-bind 20 cars with 20 radios. We never have to figure out which radio goes with which car--every radio goes with every car!

RC Qualifier
    I have had an AM transmitter and was driving one day and it had a mind of its own! Ran all over the place! That day I got a 2.4 and the LHS...
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

RC poster
    You may be able to help me as well Peter. I've got a Rustler VXL with the TQi control and I'm trying to pair it with my 5603
    E-Revo, it has the 2218X receiver but for reasons unknown it just won't pair for me.

RC Qualifier
    Is the 6519 compatible with the "high power" TX model 2238? Thanks; Don