RC Qualifier

Traxxas Link 2.4ghz Question!!!!

Hey guys,

Just purchased a new Traxxas Link 2.4ghz pulled from a new slash 4X4. I installed the receiver and connected the servo to channel 1 and the ESC to channel 2. Throtlle, brake and reverse worked fine but the steering was reversed. When I turned the steering wheel on the trans clockwise it turned the tyres left in stead of right and when I turned it anti clockwise it went right. I went through the menu tree and found servo reversing under channel setup and changed that. It is now working properly, my question is was I correct in doing so? or have I connected it incorrectly? I noted how it was connected when I pulled my old one out.

Any help appreciated!

Joe
    Founding member of the 70 club!

RC Enthusiast
    You are OK. I had to do the same thing.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cnj
    You are OK. I had to do the same thing.
    Thanks for the response cnj

RC Racer
    which chan 1 plug is it in? reason i ask cause there are 2 of them, to allow duel servo steering like in the summit .. one of shich would be reversed .. I plugged mine into the second plug spot marked chan 1 and my steering worked fine .. also if you look at the instructions in the 4x4 slash manuel, it shouws a diagram of the same thing, utilizing the 2nd chan 1 slot .
    Zach
    Slash 2wd-RPM/STRC
    Stampede

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zgavin
    which chan 1 plug is it in? reason i ask cause there are 2 of them, to allow duel servo steering like in the summit .. one of shich would be reversed .. I plugged mine into the second plug spot marked chan 1 and my steering worked fine .. also if you look at the instructions in the 4x4 slash manuel, it shouws a diagram of the same thing, utilizing the 2nd chan 1 slot .
    I tried both channel 1 slots, both did the same thing. Just reversed the servo and problem solved. Just posted to confirm that that was the correct thing to do. Thanks for your help!

Joe