RC Enthusiast

Exclamation Front springs are rubbing the chamber links

My front springs are rubbing the chamber links when compressed stock setup. That canít be normal! Please help! I havenít done any modification to my Slash.

RC Qualifier
    The first thing I would do is make sure all the screws are tight in the front end and make sure nothing is broken. Nothing should rub if everything is as it's supposed to be.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dsanders337 View Post
    The first thing I would do is make sure all the screws are tight in the front end and make sure nothing is broken. Nothing should rub if everything is as it's supposed to be.
    Everything is tight and the springs when compressed still rub on the chamber links. On the extended position nothing touches the chamber link but when compressed the gap disappears and they start rubbing. It is very frustrating and I suppose I can correct this with one or two shims but I am sure this is not normal. Can anybody else please verify if this happens on their truck? Mine is an ultimate with all the aluminum stuff on it. Thank you.

RC Qualifier
    Are you compressing them all the way? I will double check mine when I get home, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't rub.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dsanders337 View Post
    Are you compressing them all the way? I will double check mine when I get home, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't rub.
    It doesn’t really matter how much I compress them it is more about the orientation of the coils on the spring (in what position are they rotated). Function to that rotation it might rub higher or lower during compression. Because the coils are at an angle it is hard to see at first but if you know what you are looking for it is easy to spot especially if the rubbing already removed some white paint from the springs. Thank you for checking!

My Proline Powerstrokes rub the plastic slightly on the camber links. Nothing is bent or out of place either. Never noticed before.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Enthusiast
    Mine is completely stock and probably the newest version of ultimate with the TQi system. I played with it for a couple of hours on training mode (50%) so there is no chance of a break or bend. The only thing I have done to the truck is cleaning it with a brush.

RC Enthusiast
    I solved the problem and it goes like this: The chamber links are attached with ball joints and those ball joints are not symmetrical so by flipping them the other way I was able to gain the necessary distance from the springs. On my truck all the chamber links were assembled with the ball joints the wrong way so if it rubs that is the place to check. That’s it! Have fun!