Thread: Future plans

RC Qualifier

Future plans

Are there any future plans to make a 2.4 radio system with model memory?
    I like that the receivers are inexpensive compared to other 2.4 systems (Not counting Tactic)

It would be a great to be able to have some sort of transmitter with model memory and use a Traxxas controller on ALL of my RC toys.
    ~ Alli

RC Qualifier
    isn't that what the LINK systems is?

http://www.traxxas.com/products/acce...k_overview.htm
    slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    AFAIK there is no LCD screen and model selection on the link system.
    Correct me if I am wrong
    ~ Alli

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Alliharin
    AFAIK there is no LCD screen and model selection on the link system.
    Correct me if I am wrong
    It does have a 20 model memory but it's works differently then the usual set. Multiple radios and multiple receivers can be bound and as you turn one on then the other they bind for that session.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by padrino
    It does have a 20 model memory but it's works differently then the usual set. Multiple radios and multiple receivers can be bound and as you turn one on then the other they bind for that session.
    Yeah, That's not what I want. I was thinking like a traxxas version of spectrum
    ~ Alli

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, That's not what I want. I was thinking like a traxxas version of spectrum
    They both have value, I have a Spektrum DX3R I use for some of my RCs but I also have 2 Traxxas Link Transmitters. With Traxxas Link either one can driver either car, valuable in my case since my son and I swap cars and this allows us to drive any combination we want.

RC Enthusiast
    Dont mean to hi-jack the thread, but has anyone had any problems calibrating the Spektrum Dx3 with the Traxxas Vxl-3s? For some reason mine wont calibrate. I need to check the connections again at the Rx, which is a spektrum receiver as well, but I have verified the LVD is disabled (I run LifePo) and the profile is set to "sport mode". The weird part I guess is that it will run fine forward and reverse (dont know how fast) but will not use much in the way for braking. Any suggestions are welcome and encouraged.

RC Champion
    Back on topic I doubt Traxxas has any plans to do that as it would raise the cost of their rtr's even higher. You want model memory get a Futaba 3pm.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slowenuff
    Back on topic I doubt Traxxas has any plans to do that as it would raise the cost of their rtr's even higher. You want model memory get a Futaba 3pm.
    1. I don't like Spectrum. They're over priced IMO and lack range of some of the other systems. I used Spectrum for name brand familiarity only.
    2. Just because they make something, doesn't mean it has to be included in a RTR kit. Why assume it needs to be included instead of sold on it's own?

It would be a nice "Optional" part to buy, sort of like the cooling fan for the ESC, they make it, they sell it as an option, but do not include it in a kit.
    ~ Alli

RC Qualifier
    FYI.. The poster above suggested a Futaba, not a Spektrum

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by padrino
    FYI.. The poster above suggested a Futaba, not a Spektrum
    Whatever. Not the point.
    Traxxas makes quality products at an affordable price.
    Look at the 2.4 receivers. $25 compared to $80+ for spectrum, Futaba, airtronics, Etc.

It'd be nice to have an affordable option from a quality company like Traxxas.
    ~ Alli

RC Qualifier
    Whatever. Not the point.
    Traxxas makes quality products at an affordable price.
    Look at the 2.4 receivers. $25 compared to $80+ for spectrum, Futaba, airtronics, Etc.

It'd be nice to have an affordable option from a quality company like Traxxas.
    Point taken however they are an RC company and not a radio company (aside from what is needed to answer the call from other factory 2.4GHz systems) so we can all wish for it but you will need to look elsewhere for a long time for your kind of model memory.

The new link systems automatically selects the model from up to 20 so you should have what you originally asked for minus the manual selection in an LCD.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Yes, turn on the tx, and if you have 20 bound vehicles sitting there, and the first one you turn on will link up. Are you looking for the screen for adjusting epa, throttle rate, steering rate etc? I do miss the visual of my adjustments, but for racing I will use my xp3d or 2pl. I have 5 bashers and $25 rx's are a godsend.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    The new Link radios have model memory like you're wanting, it will remember the settings for 20 seperate models. It just doesn't have a lcd screen.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.