RC Qualifier

can you get 50 with 6s lipo mamba?

can you get it upt to 50mph with 6s lipos and mamba monster? Just curious....

RC Qualifier
    if you change the gearing and put better tires on it (stock doesn't like speed) probably. Do it and let us know lol I would go brushless if I didn't like wet conditions so much..

RC Enthusiast
    the tires are too soft to go any faster than 35 mph, mine were acting like water balloons at that speed

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by airoscar
    the tires are too soft to go any faster than 35 mph, mine were acting like water balloons at that speed
    ok thats good info....are those tires bigger than the 40 series tires?

RC Champion
    The stock tires are just too soft. They will balloon and explode at that speed. But with the right tires, MMM, 6s lipo and the right gearing without a doubt it will do 50.
    Slash VXL
    Summit VXL
    they have to share for now

RC Qualifier
    I've had mine up to at least 50 without any of my stock tires exploding (at least ones that weren't torn to begin with), but they do get VERY balloony and wishy-washy. Better tires would definitely be recommended if you want to go fast primarily.

With the right wheels & tires and a bit of suspension tuning, even 65 or more MPH should easily be possible (the E-Revo which is the same exact chassis has been taken beyond 90 MPH with the MMM on 6s).

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sfr4x4
    I've had mine up to at least 50 without any of my stock tires exploding (at least ones that weren't torn to begin with), but they do get VERY balloony and wishy-washy. Better tires would definitely be recommended if you want to go fast primarily.

With the right wheels & tires and a bit of suspension tuning, even 65 or more MPH should easily be possible (the E-Revo which is the same exact chassis has been taken beyond 90 MPH with the MMM on 6s).

Ill buy a ticket to your 50mph summit!! Not going to happen without a bunch of mods to it!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sfr4x4

wow....so the summit is a exact clone of the revo correct? why does the revo look so low then vs the summit?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JOCKS_RETURN
    wow....so the summit is a exact clone of the revo correct? why does the revo look so low then vs the summit?
    cause the summit has the Long Travel Rockers on and the e revo has P2 rocks i think and they have the push rods on the outer most holes on the a arms on the e revo
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by scotthw
    cause the summit has the Long Travel Rockers on and the e revo has P2 rocks i think and they have the push rods on the outer most holes on the a arms on the e revo
    I got 47.5 mph on a 62t spur and 18t pinion...i'm not done yet though. On paper it should have been faster. I've got a 54t spur which I'll match up with a 14 or 18t pinion soon. it will mosdef get there.
    6s MMM c_no_summit & c_no_evo_8
    50mph to 150 mph!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by scotthw
    ohhh...now I get it...wonder if I could get the revo and put the summit body on it and it be ok? as in look beefier....
    looks like towerhobbies has them in stock the 2.4ghz version summits im debating real heard here guys....really hard they are limited in stock...this or the brushless revo...I just want to bash for kicks and giggles...
    Last edited by JOCKS_RETURN; 02-18-2010 at 07:19 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I want to buy a ticket to that one also. There is NO way a summit with the motor it comes with or whatever is going to do 50+ without spending a boatload of money to get it there. The way it is geared, tires, brushed motor, 2 speed tranny, etc. Go play in the traffic cause that is just nuts.

RC Champion
    .I just want to bash for kicks and giggles...
    If all you want to do is bash buy the ERBE. it is lower , lighter and handles a thousand times better than the summit, Putting a MMM in a Summit is a waste. the benefit of the summit is the lower gear and locking diffs for crawling.

Which ever you chose you will need to change the tires. Stock summit tires suck for everything except rock crawling, I refuse to believe anyone who claims they are good over 25 mph let alone 50 mph. And the E-Revo tires will shred as well if you bash hard.

IMHO
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    If all you want to do is bash buy the ERBE. it is lower , lighter and handles a thousand times better than the summit, Putting a MMM in a Summit is a waste. the benefit of the summit is the lower gear and locking diffs for crawling.

Which ever you chose you will need to change the tires. Stock summit tires suck for everything except rock crawling, I refuse to believe anyone who claims they are good over 25 mph let alone 50 mph. And the E-Revo tires will shred as well if you bash hard.

IMHO
    +1 stock tires are waaaaay to soft for any kind of speed like that
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    Putting a MMM in a Summit is a waste.
    IMHO
    I disagree. I can out crawl any stock summit with my MMM. still have stock summit suspension, just stiffer springs, and different tires, its a F R I G G I N blast! I goes slow when you want it and fast as a **** when you want. you go mamba you never go back. IMHO
    50mph to 150 mph!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by c_no_summit
    I disagree. I can out crawl any stock summit with my MMM. still have stock summit suspension, just stiffer springs, and different tires, its a F R I G G I N blast! I goes slow when you want it and fast as a **** when you want. you go mamba you never go back. IMHO
    X2!!!!!.....
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Qualifier
    is it possible to put the revo transmission in there to replace the summit tranny? If thats the cause then im gonna gonna get the summit and find me a erbe transmission....to get the speeds i want, but still get the locker differentials...

RC Racer
    You'll then lose the low gear which really is needed for crawling.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dig_Dug

guys you are not understanding, the erevo and the summit are the same trucks just built up different. the summit transmission is the same as the erevo tranny (capable of the same speed) it just has an additional gear installed for low speed crawling with a servo to shift into that low gear. and yes the trannies are interchangeable or the low gear can be removed or installed into an erevo. the suspension is the same the summit just has the long travel rockers installed and the push rods in the inner most holes to acheive a higher "monster truck" stance but either truck can be set up low for speed or high for off road. the chassis is the same so a summit body will fit an erevo or vis versa you just lower or add long body posts to attach a taller body. the differentials are different but have the same basic design. but in the truest form both trucks structurally are the same vehicles, what can be done to one can be done to the other. so back to the original question, yes a summit with a mamba upgrade and 6s can do 90mph, cuz its essential an erevo. but to reliably achieve that speed you would have to mimmick the erevo, ie lower stance, low profile tires, correct gearing, and a more aerodynamic body. of course you would need some other small tidbits but yes it is completely doable.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    ^^^
    X2 100%.

The Summit (with a MMM installed in it) and a ERBE are the SAME CAR!!! They are just optioned differently. Every single last part between them that's different (which is not that many) can be swapped to make one perform just like the other.
    You put an E-Revo body, wing, P2 rockers, and different tires and what do you have? An ERBE. Only difference here is it would also have the locking diffs.

Quote Originally Posted by crrccarz
    I want to buy a ticket to that one also. There is NO way a summit with the motor it comes with or whatever is going to do 50+ without spending a boatload of money to get it there. The way it is geared, tires, brushed motor, 2 speed tranny, etc. Go play in the traffic cause that is just nuts.
    How about you go play in traffic since you're the one who didn't pay attention to the title of the thread and 1st post here?
    can you get it upt to 50mph with 6s lipos and mamba monster? Just curious....

RC Competitor
    6s lipos, MMM, 18t/68t...will go faster indeed with a smaller spur or larger pinion too!!

50mph to 150 mph!