Thread: Monster Maxx

RC Racer

Monster Maxx

Most of you have seen my Monster Pede and Speed Pede I also have an 8th sacle in the works and my girlfriends E Maxx. But I have had this in my garage for over a year. The main chassis, bukl heads, chassis brace and skids are all aluminum and everything else is RPM. It has metal CVD's, drive shafts and E Revo spec diffs. Well I want a Monster Maxx dual brushless E-Maxx. I was gonna sell this but have decoded to finish it. Idea's please......
    I was thinking Cen Nemisis 7.5 inch tall tires since the are a little lighter.
    It might break.... then again it broke....

RC Qualifier
    very nice. Very. Get spending some money!
    Slash VXL, E- Maxx 2 , comin' through!

RC Competitor
    I'll buy it. How's $20 sound? HA looks good. I'd love to see dual mamba's in it.

RC Racer
    Lol I'll keep it for now. Its already been sitting on a shelf for a year. O got a Pede project going now so I'll keep you posted.

RC Champion
    Who makes the chassis? I've never seen it before? And you say its aluminum?

I suggest THIS CLICK A Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2200kv Combo Or the Tekin RX8 with a similar KV range around 2000.
    15" WB HCR Mutant-Maxx Castle UE FLM 3906

RC Racer
    I'm not sure who makes it. I got it on Ebay about a year ago for $9.99 it camre from the UK. It also weighs about 8oz. I was used and had a scratch on it to where you could see the silver underneath.
    I have a MMM 2200kv in my Stampede and don't want a Pede to beat the Maxx. LOL

RC Champion
    Won't a Stampede always have a speed advantage? Much less weight and all.

If you really want to set it apart I guess just go overkill with the motor. I don't see dual Castle Mamba mentioned much around here, so that might be a good starting point.

Got a link to your Stampede thread? I've been debating over a Rustler VS Stampede as a second truck for awhile now, curious what people do to their Stampedes.
    E-Maxx 3905 - Rustler 3707 - Slash 5805

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ^^mm..i think the stampede has less of an advantage. Putting all that power in a RWD car is quite hard. 4wd helps quite a bit. Plus, weight DOES NOT effect speed. It effects how fast you reach the top speed.
    EMBE/ Savage X
    x2 BL slash
    Ultra lx1e

RC Champion
    That's what I was getting at arvint, something lighter can accelerate faster which overall makes it faster. Could make it around a course quicker due to getting up to speed quickly after turns and such.

Even still, I just can't see a big E-Maxx outpacing a lightweight Stampede. The E-Maxx is just over twice as heavy (65oz vs 148oz), has bigger wheels for more friction and has four wheel drive which adds transmission drag.

Granted I have no experience with the Stampede, so I'll gladly and graciously eat my words if I'm wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Minnesota, hey look it's snowing again...
    The emaxx may be heavier but the stampede gets terrible traction unless it's on corse pavement the 4x4 emaxx has the advantage everywhere else

RC Champion
    Makes sense. All around the E-Maxx is better no matter what, that's for sure.

Anyway I feel responsible for taking this thread off course, so I don't want to hijack it anymore.

RC Racer
    Won't a Stampede always have a speed advantage? Much less weight and all.

If you really want to set it apart I guess just go overkill with the motor. I don't see dual Castle Mamba mentioned much around here, so that might be a good starting point.

Got a link to your Stampede thread? I've been debating over a Rustler VS Stampede as a second truck for awhile now, curious what people do to their Stampedes.[/QUOTE]
    This is my big pede http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...t=monster+pede It now runs 32p gears a Castle MMM 2200 and 4s.

RC Racer
    I love the healthy dicusion, My big pede gets ok traction because I had to adjust punch and the slipper or it will destroy the small diff gears. I'm sure my dual brushless Maxx will crush my 4s Pede. It will be fun either way.

RC Champion
    Wow, I love that Stampede. You did a great job with it. Now I really want to see what you have in store for this E-Maxx build.

I've been going back and forth between a Stampede and a Rustler as my second RC, and seeing yours makes me want to get that extended chassis and build from the ground up around it. Must be extremely stable with it.

I see you also have an E-Jato and now I remember that purple love bug Maxx too. You've got a nice growing collection of custom RCs.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by arvint
    ^^mm..i think the stampede has less of an advantage. Putting all that power in a RWD car is quite hard. 4wd helps quite a bit.
    Plus, weight DOES NOT effect speed. It effects how fast you reach the top speed

You are half right. Weight is mass under the effects of gravity. The more mass the more force required to accelerate to a given speed.

But! For a given amount of force the less mass it is applied to the higher the speed that will result.

With all things being equal, gearing, power available, rolling resistance and drag, the vehicle with less weight will accelerate faster and reach a higher speed.
    Sharpchuter 245
    Dyna Wide Glide

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mjosparky
    You are half right. Weight is mass under the effects of gravity. The more mass the more force required to accelerate to a given speed.

But! For a given amount of force the less mass it is applied to the higher the speed that will result.

With all things being equal, gearing, power available, rolling resistance and drag, the vehicle with less weight will accelerate faster and reach a higher speed.
    Ahhh, we have a Physics student here I see! LOL!

RC Racer
    Thanks. The Jato is converted to electric and my girlfriend built the love bug maxx.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanSky
    Ahhh, we have a Physics student here I see! LOL!
    It has been a good many years since I was in school but we should remain "students" throughout our life. In fact the older I get the more I realize I donít know.

Sparky
    Sharpchuter 245
    Dyna Wide Glide