RC Turnbuckle Jr.

TQ Link with 5 channels?

Hey Guys,

I think this is a question for PeterV.

Is there going to be a 5 channel transmitter to match the 5 channel receiver any time soon?

We can use it on the Summit without the T-Lock controller, and that would be amazing!

Thanks!

Daniel.

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm not Peter V., but I have asked the reps @ Traxxas about this a few times. There will be a 4 channel LINK transmitter to go along side the 2 channel transmitter very soon. No exact date, but, soon I am told.

RC Racer
    I am Pretty sure the reciever is only classed a a 5 channel reciever because it has 5 servo outputs.
    Traxxas use 2 for the steering which are common so really it is a 4 channel reciever with 5 outputs.
    This will use the new 4 channel link transmitter
    Summit, E-Revo, E-Revo Brushless, Merv. Baja 5BSS

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No, the 5 channel receiver has 6 outputs, that's why I was asking...

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=506416

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77
    No, the 5 channel receiver has 6 outputs, that's why I was asking...

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=506416

OK never noticed that before
    Interesting
    Summit, E-Revo, E-Revo Brushless, Merv. Baja 5BSS

RC Qualifier
    Did you notice how the first two connectors from the bottom are labeled "channel 1"? Meaning if you plug in two servos into both channels, they will both do the same thing at the same time.. Its for big trucks that have two steering servos. So in reality, after one port gets used for a battery which is mandatory, you're left with 4 ports making it a 4 port radio. Also there is also the scenario where one of the channel 1's can be used as a batter terminal instead of ch5/batt, then, yes you can use it as a 5ch radio. Unlikely Traxxas will spend the money on R&D for something they have no use or need for.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Roc
    Did you notice how the first two connectors from the bottom are labeled "channel 1"? Meaning if you plug in two servos into both channels, they will both do the same thing at the same time.. Its for big trucks that have two steering servos. So in reality, after one port gets used for a battery which is mandatory, you're left with 4 ports making it a 4 port radio. Also there is also the scenario where one of the channel 1's can be used as a batter terminal instead of ch5/batt, then, yes you can use it as a 5ch radio. Unlikely Traxxas will spend the money on R&D for something they have no use or need for.
    Actually, you can power the receiver on any available connector... For example, on an electric truck, you must use channel 2 for both, power and throttle... Also, you can use an "Y" adapter to power the receiver and use it with a servo at the same time...

So, all the 5 channels are available at anytime, that's the way the new 2.4Ghz Summit is configured... No more T-Lock controller because it uses all 5 channels on the receiver...