RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar

Traxxas Link 2.4gHz coming with more model's now? Discuss

I am thinking, since they will be more common in many models, that the Traxxas 2.4gHz will decrease in value, which will be great for consumers because they get a great radio for a small price. Well, that is wishful thinking there. . I am assuming they will be tacking on a bit of money for this option, that makes sense. But do you think this is a + or - for Traxxas? Truthfully, I think it's a step in the right direction for RTR models, no more having to deal with frequencies!
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

Another thing I was thinking about, will the public have an option of getting the 2.4 gHz or the traditional TQ radio?
    If no, I think traxxas would lose quite a bit of beginning R/Cer's who want a fast starter vehicle.
    I hope I am in the right section for this.
    Last edited by Grand National; 02-01-2010 at 11:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    deff + i love my traxxas 2.4ghz
    Rustler VXL SPC Power
    4-tec 5700K MM SPC Power

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand National
    Another thing I was thinking about, will the public have an option of getting the 2.4 gHz or the traditional TQ radio?
    If no, I think traxxas would lose quite a bit of beginning R/Cer's who want a starter cheap vehicle.
    I hope I am in the right section for this.
    If the price is the same I don't see a probleme with this. Anyway the average new customer will not even knew the difference between 2.4 ghz and am radio.

And the most experienced one will want 2.4ghz since it's glitch free

Personnally I'd have wanted that my rustler came stock with all the new feature it has now it would make me save alot of $$$.
    No pain! No Gain!

I love mine too, thats why I am secretly hoping it comes with it at no extra charge . Still got some questions, as most of you probably do .
    It kinda just says it, no info. The suspense is hard to deal with .

And that would be no problem if the price is the same. That would be totally awesome. But I am thinking it won't be the same.

A lot of people would be benefiting from this new feature. I have personally upgraded all my models (except a few) to 2.4 gHz, and that can be quite expensive. But buying it right from the manufacturer and for a package deal with the truck would be great.
    Last edited by Grand National; 02-01-2010 at 11:29 PM.

RC Qualifier
    i think its pretty cool. it kind of makes it more practical for even a beginner when they dont know the difference between 2.4 and am because they wont have to worry about interference with their friends. i remember when i was younger (not that it was a long time ago) me and my one friend allllways had to make sure we had different frequencies. with this, its kind of worry free out of the box.

and yes, grand national, i hope it goes down in price too
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.

RC Qualifier
    On Tower's site, the prices of the Pede and Rustler are $15 higher with the 2.4ghz link system than the trucks without. The XL-5 Pede and Rustler have the am radio to keep the cost down the whole $15.
    The 2wd Slash will come with 2.4 but it was a great hit in short course racing and 2.4 would make intry racing easier without freq conflicts.
    Stampede
    Started life as XL-1 then XL-5 now a VXL

$15 extra? That is a heck of a deal if it's true, if this is true, way to go Traxxas!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I saw this last night and was so frustrated! I just got my vxl pede like 2 weeks ago haha. Dang the timing!
    2 ERBEs, Merv,Pede vxl & xl5, mmm/neu rustler

RC Qualifier
    i have the two 'original' TQ 2.4 radios as well as the new traxxas link radio and a love all three!!
    MMM E-Revo
    VXL Slash 4x4
    VXL Slash 2wd

RC Qualifier
    -Venting Beginning-

Frankly this makes me a little peeved. Out of 8 models they're releasing with the new radio I already have 4. From now on I'm definitely not racing to the LHS to pick up a new release from traxxas. From release there will now be a mandatory 2 month, probably longer waiting period for me, to make sure they know what they're going to do with their model. Now it's like I'm going to have to spend a couple hundred dollars to get my models up to par compared to something that would of came standard for what, 15 dollars more?

Just a little bit disappointing Traxxas. Not disappointing enough to call off Traxxas brand but dang they're getting close, especially after the braking problems I've had with my mini revo, and the little to no customer service I had over the phone relating to the same problem. I really hope they add this radio to the power up program.

-Venting complete-
    Last edited by hexitnow; 02-02-2010 at 06:14 PM.
    Piercings can and will get caught in antenna tubes

RC Champion
    I just ordered a brandnew Slash 2wd day before yesterday from tower, then yesterday I see the new one with the 2.4Ghz radio for $15 more lol. So I ordered that one and will just return the one with the AM radio. I think it's a great move on Traxxas part and they should include it with all of the models. I have one with my Slash 4x4 and it's a great radio.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

I can see where a ton of people will be frustrated. Who is selling (website) the trucks with this system?

RC Qualifier
    Check tower hobbies. They have both the vxl's with and without the 2.4 radios. The 2.4 equipped is 15 bucks more. DANG MY LUCK!!!!
    2 ERBEs, Merv,Pede vxl & xl5, mmm/neu rustler

I am calling a decrease in price due to the only +$15 price.

RC Champion
    With a quick looks through all the model nothing is comming in "2.4 link" version with a 3 or 4 channel transmitter. The REVO has a 3 channel non-link 2.4 transmitter however.

I would really be interested in a Summit with 2.4 radio 4 channel.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Competitor
    im mad i got my bandit vxl and 1 day after the 2.4 came out