RC Competitor

glow plug wire........

ok, for the first time i had to replace the glow plug, so, I unpluged the glow plug wire and i replaced the glow plug. Now, here is my problem...I guess i am having a hard time trying to plug the wire into the glow plug, my fingers wont fit in the engine head...I dont know maybe i am having a brain fart but i cant plug the wire into the glow plug...recommendations please....

RC poster
    needlenose pliers work for me

RC Competitor
    so, needlenose pliers. they shouldn't damage anything right? I am suppose to like hear a click or something, how do i know not to overpush the wire, I dont know I guess I am just little nervous to stick something in the engine

What I did before I replace the ez start was go down to a hobby shop get a copper tube from KS also sometimes you can find it in hardware stores just big enough that the end that the wire is soldered to will fit cut it to about 2 in. then soldered the spring to one end and the wire to the other and cover it all with heat shrink tube. Then you can remove and replace the blue wire really easy.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Qualifier
    i just put a some heat shrink on the wire and it made it sturdy enought that you can do it by hand
    Slash 2x4 VXL
    Slash 2x4 XL-5
    Slash 4x4 VXL

RC Qualifier
    i just bought a 10 dollar glow plug driver... i hated having to fiddle with that wire... still use the same glow driver 4 years later...works like charm

the easy start is a great system don't get me wrong, but it is pretty heavy and a pull start and glow driver don't have to be recharged, just carry an extra c battery with you ^.^

Pce,

-John
    r-c cars is not a hobby it's an obsession, don't believe me? how much time you spent on your R/C this week?