Thread: new to lipo

RC Racer

new to lipo

Just ordered the Slash 4x4. I want to go lipo for sure, but don't know what battery/charger. I want to be able to race it later on so a legal battery would be nice. What is that? 2s? I would like to know EXACTLY what I should order, such as connectors and what not. I can solder so that's not a problem. I think I have it narrowed down to the Thunder ac6 charger, but I'm totally not sure what battery. I don't want something that's uncontrollable, just fast and long run times, so the cheaper the better. Thanks guys

RC Qualifier
    ********* makes great inexpensive batteries. here are two that look like they will be a gtood fit for u

http://*********.com/*********/store...idProduct=9436

http://*********.com/*********/store...idProduct=8357
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    depends if you need a ROAR legal battery or not.. If so, HK is not a good choice. If not, then HK IS a good choice.
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken448
    depends if you need a ROAR legal battery or not.. If so, HK is not a good choice. If not, then HK IS a good choice.
    Is a ROAR legal batt. a good battery to bash with? Will any Lipo fit in the slash chassis? Should I get the hard case lipo? Are there any batteries that come with the Traxxas plug? I've been in Nitro for a few years now, before that I ran electric but that was way before brushless. So this is all relatively new to me. For now I want 1 battery I can use for mainly bashing. Once I get used to the truck I'll get a better racing battery.

RC Qualifier
    Unless your doing really serious racing ********* will be just fine, most tracks just require a 7.2v 2s lipo hardcase that doesn't have to be ROAR approved.

RC Champion
    some tracks DO require ROAR approved LiPo's and using Lipo bags for charging at all times. Be sure to check your local track to be sure first, not after you buy
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken448
    some tracks DO require ROAR approved LiPo's and using Lipo bags for charging at all times. Be sure to check your local track to be sure first, not after you buy
    I agree with Ken on this, make the call first to be sure. I have seen two packs go up this season, one was a hard lick into a wall another was over heated....