RC Enthusiast

Replacement Spur Gear for Center Diff

Sorry to start a new thread, but do you guys know the part # for the replacement 54T spur gear for the center diff? I'm having a hard time finding it.

Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    You're not too old if you're still having fun!

RC Racer
    The spurs for the center diff and slipper gear are the exact same. Tower should have them.

Just looked and tower has the optional 50 and 52 tooth gears do in mid this month, but didn't see the standard 54T on there at all.

Here is one if you have to have it...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-3956-Spu...item2a047095b6
    Last edited by rcgeek; 02-04-2010 at 03:36 PM.
    VXL Amsoil 2WD Slash/ PE 4x4 Slash/ BL recoil

RC Champion
    The spurs are different. I guess he got the RTR. The one linked to above is for the slipper, the diff spur has a bigger center hole in it. Some extra spurs come with the center diff.
    Last edited by BL-Bob; 02-04-2010 at 04:21 PM.

RC Racer
    I have also been looking for the spur gear for the center diff. I had a 12T pinion slid too far on the motor shaft and the set screw chewed on the spur a bit (the center diff spur is definitely not the same as the spur for the slipper). I tried to pull up the part number on the Traxxas manual section, but everything listed under the platinum section takes you to the RTR manuals/parts list. I have the extra included 52T spur on for now, but would like to get the stock 54T again.

Matt

RC Champion
    They have the whole parts bag on ebay. Comes with foam battry blocks, body washers, body clips and three center diff spurs. Not for sure if the 54t is in there tho, i'll have to check later.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob
    The spurs are different. I guess he got the RTR. The one linked to above is for the slipper, the diff spur has a bigger center hole in it. Some extra spurs come with the center diff.
    Nothing a bit of Dremel action cant fix . I'm sure you could take out enough material with a small sanding drum to make them work.. i just installed the center diff in mine and I will more than likely be doing that to fit a Mod 1 spur on it.

RC Champion
    Yeah true, looks like a little more work than just inlarging the center hole, you could do that with a drill. But who knows untill they try it. Let us know how it goes, because I have more 5mm mod 1 than 5mm mod .08 pinion selections.
    Last edited by BL-Bob; 02-04-2010 at 06:52 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I'll post my findings!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopez
    Nothing a bit of Dremel action cant fix . I'm sure you could take out enough material with a small sanding drum to make them work.. i just installed the center diff in mine and I will more than likely be doing that to fit a Mod 1 spur on it.
    Different bolt pattern

RC poster
    3956R is the part number.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cobraman
    3956R is the part number.
    Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

RC Qualifier
    I'll send my center diff spur out for the cost of shipping if anyone is interested. Least I can do given my success at buying/selling on the marketplace forum. PM me if interested.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato40
    I'll send my center diff spur out for the cost of shipping if anyone is interested. Least I can do given my success at buying/selling on the marketplace forum. PM me if interested.
    PM Sent. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Done deal. I will refund the difference in shipping cost after sending.