RC Racer

Bib Bore springs help

Hello got the slash 4X4 I broke i shock so I upgraded to the Big Bores. I notices that the BB are actually thiner than the stock ones so I could not use the stock springs. I want to build a concrete high speed Slash!!! so what springs can i buy that will fit the BB shocks?? I want harder suspension I am running the white springs with red line Also any tunning tips for concrete slash i will greatly appreciet it!

RC Qualifier
    losi 2.5 shocks. I use the 4.1 rate in the rear, and 3.2 in the front. so Light blue for the rear and orange for the front. Get a set of the 3.7 rate also, they are green. Just to give you something to play with. The stock shock springs should work, mine do? I have the BB's on my platinum and the ultra's on my rtr, both springs are exactly the same.

go to ebay and type in losi 2.5

Hope this helps.
    Break it, so you can upgrade it!

RC Racer
    thanx! it does help but am i the only one that can't use the stock springs?they are to wide to the shock. so are the losi 2.5 same with as the stock ones or the 2.5 are the same as the big bores springs? confused thanx for your help

RC Racer
    I use these all the way around: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWT42&P=7 They are great improvement over the stock springs and they are black so had to get them.
    4x4 Slash
    3 2wd Slash
    3.3 T-max
    3.3 Revo

RC Qualifier
    I am really confused about the stock springs not working for you. Are you using the plastic ring on the top of the spring? Before the spring goes on the shock there should be a black plastic ring to hold the spring.

Post a pic if you can.
    Break it, so you can upgrade it!

RC Qualifier
    I noticed a slight size difference on mine, but not enough to make them not work.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by slash_racer
    I am really confused about the stock springs not working for you. Are you using the plastic ring on the top of the spring? Before the spring goes on the shock there should be a black plastic ring to hold the spring.

Post a pic if you can.

When i put the ring it just has to much play. will take pictures.

RC Qualifier
    The big bore shocks come with two sets of spring retainers.One set for the traxxas springs and one set that the Losi springs fit.You can use a piece of shrink tubing to bush up the od of the big bore shock to use the traxxas spring retainers

RC Racer
    my kit only came with one set of spring retainers, and if i use the stock ones look at all this play!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacky Jackson
    I use these all the way around: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWT42&P=7 They are great improvement over the stock springs and they are black so had to get them.

Are those for the stock shocks or big bore?

RC Champion
    seems like all the springs are pretty over sized compared to the shock size
    @ 80% for years?

RC Racer
    those are the big bore shocks.