Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Sweet!

Can you take a pic of it mounted?
    Last edited by rag6; 07-04-2011 at 10:42 PM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Quote Originally Posted by ssanderson1 View Post
    Hey guys! If you're looking for something a little (or a lot!) stronger, check out these aluminum extension kits. Pretty much a bolt on! I've got one on my pede and it looks great and it's cheap/strong...And your the guy selling them...
    Got any pics of it mounted? I did not see any pics of it actually mounted to a Stampede?
    I have a couple of questions...
    Last edited by rag6; 07-04-2011 at 10:52 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Well, I finally got around to doing this on my stretched and widened pede build. I gotta say, its an amazing mod thats so easy to do and cheap. At the moment, I have this mounted on a broken chassis without the lower rear mount holes on the chassis itself (they broke off) and I've just been informed by Rag6 that this could cause strength issues. However, I did mine a little different. Its 1 hole shorter than what Rag showed in his original post. Maybe its only a 1/2 extension... hehe. Perhaps the shorter length will help it retail some extra strength without using the vertical mounts on the back of the pede chassis.

Either way, great mod. Heres a pic of mine:
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

rag6 extension strong like bull...
    Pave extension strong like rhinoceros!!!

Haha... its still the Rag extension... just not AS much. Ive got the body getting paint right now, when its done ill get some pics of how I attached the front of the rear skid to the chassis.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Heres the pic of how I attached the forward arms of the rear skid. The top "washer" is a shock piston. Its REALLY tight.

Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    I did a 5 inch ext no problems.... I even had a mini bike with child rider land on it no problems ( broke other thing) but alloy extension intact. If you know me I am b@lls to the wall run them like you want to break it.... I have no issues

Various pics

After motorcycle landed on it
    Stretch still solid

Even after missing a ramp and plowing directly into a fence post at top speed ( see cage pic) ... Still good

I use stainless steel screws bolts and washers.... No issues....

The original CRASHER : equal parts CRAwler and baSHER!
    Sent from my mobile device
    Just do it...they make replacement parts.VXL power

Man I loved that thread. Are you still running that beast? I picked up a full set of those j7 tires, and love them. One of these days I will make a longer formula offroad type pede.

RC Qualifier
    Yes but I changed the looks a little so I can use the summit body I had sitting around...,

New look... I think it gives sweet look to the pede and almost scale look to it...

The original CRASHER : equal parts CRAwler and baSHER!
    Sent from my mobile device
    Just do it...they make replacement parts.VXL power

RC Qualifier
    Hey all, i just got back home from extending my pede. This was the thread that gave me the idea, and i started out with the intention to follow it completely. But i have a friend who is a metal worker, and after speaking to him (with a VXL i wanted to make sure i kept some strength) we decided to alter it a little to make it a bit more sturdy. So we have used Stainless steel 2mm thick. This i think in total has added up to around 300-400 grams to the pede, and i have noticed a slight drop in the speed of the truck - but i think that the slipper clutch is still a little loose especially for the extra weight. other than that it perfumes admirably, no chance to properly bash the **** out of it yet but we tested it in the car park - it makes it pretty sweet to drive, but i need to stop it from rolling so much as now it just seems to want to roll over side to side. So next i think ill go for a widening, but until then ill stiffen the suspension and maybe put the rear shocks out a hole to prevent a bit of roll. Also lowering it, at least the body will help out. Pics below.

I have been running the original extension I came up with for years with brushless, and it is as sturdy as ever. I had an alum brace setup like you, but it broke. The plastic original setup has stood up to everything I ever threw at it.

Try some stiffer springs in the front. You will probably notice the inside rear tire lifting in turns right before the truck flips. A front sway bar also helps, but stiffer ft springs are the ticket with this mod. Widening it will make it behave much better also.

Moving the rear shocks out a hole will make the rolling worse. You have effectively moved the center of gravity forward, without adding much weight to the truck, so the front shocks are dipping more. not the rear. the truck needs more ft preload or stiffer ft springs.
    Last edited by rag6; 01-21-2012 at 08:52 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Cheers rag, i added some tensioners to my power strokes, i will also be trying with the stock traxxas springs if they fit,but basically i just got some of the tensioners that came with the truck for the stock springs and put them onto the powerstorkes. To get them to fit more effectively i had to flip around the little plastic stopper between the two springs on the power strokes. The pic below shows how i have it mounted, i also used some of the thread to tighten them a bit.

Just got back from being out with it, broken up pathways and the like and i found it handled much better that it was yesterday and actually was a delight to drive!

RC Qualifier
    A little nudge to the top for ya Rag6!
    God is good.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Here is the only pic I have
    Nice paint job Rags, did you do that yourself?
    I have only come here seeking knowledge

Yep, painted it for my daughter...when she was 8. Shes now 13... 2.2's on 2.8 rims before that was cool lol. original mashers were still available haha.

Just used masking tape squares and a paint fade on it.

RC Qualifier
    How much longer does this make the stampede compared to stock length?
    Thinking about trying this with my stampede which I've done the jang wide mod.
    God is good.

RC Qualifier
    Nevermind I see that it's almost a 2 inch. extension. I think I shall try this.. I will post pics afterwards.
    God is good.

RC Champion
    Yeah its really a great idea, thanks again rag6 for all you in put......
    Live life to the fullest

Its about 1.75" longer. Emaxx 2.5 size bodies and rustler bodies work well. Doing this with a wide mod will really wake the truck up handling wise. Please post pics of yours. You will need to stiffen the front springs to deal with the forward cog shift. You could also remove the back chassis wall to get the battery back to get more wheelies.

RC Qualifier
    I did this mod...I liked this mod.. I took this mod a little further, a little too far that is..

If you take your chassis brace off and move to the very back of the chassis to where it can't go no further back but can still be screwed in, yeah I took it that far.. I used the blue VXL links for the top brace, it worked ok until I jumped a tree root going like 10 MPH and it broke, so I changed back to this, drilled holes in my body and now I run it..

I like it.. I just have a question to ask.

Did you ever jump with this mod?
    I was jumping about at about 2 feet of air.. Everything was going good landing on all 4 wheels nothing was ding loose until all of a sudden I landed once and that was the end of my chassis brace.. Never have I broken chassis braces until I started doing this, lol.. I think I've broken 3 now..
    I've only got 1 spare left..
    God is good.

RC Qualifier
    I'm considering doing this on my stampede.
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    I did this mod...I liked this mod.. I took this mod a little further, a little too far that is..

If you take your chassis brace off and move to the very back of the chassis to where it can't go no further back but can still be screwed in, yeah I took it that far.. I used the blue VXL links for the top brace, it worked ok until I jumped a tree root going like 10 MPH and it broke, so I changed back to this, drilled holes in my body and now I run it..

I was jumping about at about 2 feet of air.. Everything was going good landing on all 4 wheels nothing was ding loose until all of a sudden I landed once and that was the end of my chassis brace.. Never have I broken chassis braces until I started doing this, lol.. I think I've broken 3 now..
    Do you have a pic of what is breaking on yours? Is it the chassis itself or the part I made to extend it? I jumped, thrashed, wrecked, cartwheeled, etc with no issues. The extension piece is bolted to the rear of the chassis in 4 places. It is also soft so it flexes on impact. Are you breaking the rear skid plate? I have seen a number of people saying they break this mod, but have not seen 1 pic of any damage. Please post a pic of what you are breaking. I may need to go back to the drawing board and improve on it.

RC Qualifier
    The body post mod thing this is made out of isnt breaking. It's the chassis brace/skid plate. It's the front two screw holes that look like they just "snap" off.

I will post a pic once I can get on the computer. Or I can email the pic to you now if you like..PM me if you'd like to go that route.

I have pics of the mod done but for some reason Yahoo isn't being a pain and won't let me log into the email I need and I have about 100 or more pics that I'd like to not loose. Won't even take the correct security answer.
    God is good.

Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post

Maybe try an STRC chassis brace
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

The rear skid is breaking at the chassis mounts... No problems with that at all, have you thought of trying an rpm skid?(the strc skids bend pretty easily). Just post the pics here when you get to them...
    Last edited by rag6; 07-17-2013 at 12:33 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I thought of going to RPM skids.
    It turns out that my extra was the wrong one so it don't fit.. Now I'm out of skids..
    God is good.

RC Qualifier
    Hey rag.
    Sorry for the delay in the pics.
    I sent them to my email and they haven't come through yet..I will try again in about 30 mins.

You will get them never the less!
    God is good.

RC Qualifier
    Ok so I tried sending the pics to my email twice and haven't received one of 6 or so.

I made a new email and I have nothing..

I have no other way of posting pics up on here without them going through to my email. Now I may not be able to post pics up here until I can afford to get a nice camera.
    Last edited by ithrowstones; 07-25-2013 at 09:12 PM. Reason: W
    God is good.

Can you post them to photobucket mobile???

RC Qualifier
    If I can download the photobucket app I can try.
    God is good.

RC Qualifier
    Here ya go Rag!!
    Carnage

Just for kicks, I took it a little further. I don't run this, too flimsy

God is good.

RC Qualifier

This is how I got it to go back 3inches

Last edited by ithrowstones; 07-29-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    God is good.

RC Qualifier

God is good.

In the very last pic right there, I can see your issue. You must secure the cut down body mount to the back wall of the chassis. You have no screws bolting it there. You have the 2 going into the normal chassis mount, and none into the back wall of the chassis. This is causing more flex than I get, causing the ft skid mounts to break. Go back to the beginning of this thread to see how I bolt it up. In the 4th pic in post 1, yellow arrows are pointing to what you are missing...
    Last edited by rag6; 07-29-2013 at 08:15 PM.

RC Qualifier
    That would explain the flexing. I must have over looked that part, my fault.

I'll get to fixing that and tell ya how it runs!
    God is good.

It should be much more solid.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for helping rag!
    You da man!
    God is good.

RC Qualifier
    I put two screws in the back wall of the chassis. Secured with nuts on the back side.

Even without running this I can already tell its much stronger. Before I could actually push on my body posts and it would "lean" back quite noticeably..

If you want pics, just let me know.
    God is good.

All relative pics are welcome in this thread. Broken or not lol.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Here is the only pic I have
    Sweet $5 dollars chassis mod. Is it close to REM's 1/8 scale chassis?
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.