Thread: Couldn't resist

RC Qualifier

Couldn't resist

Had a little change in my pocket goin` jang-a-ling-a-ling and can't shake the performance upgrade bug. Thought I had it under control for about a month then I bought that Protrac kit last week and got sick again...lol. Just ordered this, except ordered it from Power Hobbies on their eBay store for less than factory direct. Should be here Friday. Not sure how I feel about the clear gear cover...that might get a coat of hammered gun metal paint, which will also be my next paint job when I beat the prograffix I have now to heck.....not long now

http://prolineracing.com/performance...-transmission/

This was after I already ordered the Pro Ball bearing diff kit last night for my 272 so I guess my kid's pede is going to get it's first driveline upgrade when the diff arrives. Trying to come up with name for my pede that reflects how many mac-n-cheese and hot dog meals I have consumed to put money into it.

RC Champion
    no not that transmission.......
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post
    no not that transmission.......
    Why? Elaborate. I read nothing but good things about it.

RC Qualifier
    i own and ran a proline transmission. I immediatly had to replaced the idler gear due to it being plastic and stripping out after just a few runs. Good thing is a stock traxxas idler gear will fit it. the spur gear is a monster and took alot of abuse. there just werent many options for different tooth count spurs available back when i ran it. Now i didnt really like the rear end of the tranny. it was too soft, especially if not running some kind of wheelie bar set-up. IMO its more of a racer tranny and not a basher, but hey everyone runs there rc's different so you might just love it. I still own mine and probably will give it another shot one day. i bought extra spurs and slipper pads for it. oh another thing i believe hot racing makes a differential for it. I could be wrong. A quick check on the internet should help. Let us know how you like it. ggod luck

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    I immediatly had to replaced the idler gear due to it being plastic and stripping out after just a few runs. Good thing is a stock traxxas idler gear will fit it.
    I will keep an eye on that. Thanks for the heads up.

especially if not running some kind of wheelie bar set-up
    I do in fact have the Traxxas wheelie bar and rubber tires.

i believe hot racing makes a differential for it
    They infact do. Hot Racing TE38PRO, designed specifically for this transmission.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    This tranny was built for stock (17.5t) sct racing. Any more power than that, and you will be steppin' and fetchin' like Charlie Daniels sang. Just wish proline would acknowledge that when you try to put one in a vxl slash lol...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    yup this is what i was talking about...the transmission just cant take the power uless you upgrade it....then there is a problem with mounting up a rear bumper from what i remember..... if i remember correctly or not
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    well i went overboard when i bought my proline tranny. I put a castle 2400 motor in it. thats when the plastic idler went smooth lol. I eventually put the velineon system back in for a water/mud bash. that was my first experience bashing in water. I did melt the center of the spur on this outing, but i tortured my rc that day. Its still in the closet and 100% operational.

RC Qualifier
    Decided to put the tranny in my kid's brushed pede. Not having any problem with my Magnum 272 so I'll leave it alone based on dirty don's comment. Plus I went ahead and put the Traxxas Pro ball bearing diff in mine. Wasn't having any problem with the kid's 272 either but it sounds like BL may tear the proline up.