RC poster

2wd Slash Sway Bars

I have 4 Slashes and I have these sway bars on all 4 of them. They work great and are extremely durable. Plus he is the only one I've seen selling a rear sway bar for the 2wd. You can get the whole set for less than $30 bucks!!

www.speedierc.com

RC Racer
    Could you post direct links?

I searched the site and could not find the sway bars.
    Traxxas Slice
    Spektrum DX3e
    EZRun 60A@4000kV

type "slash sway bar" on search...

http://www.speedierc.com/SearchResul...slash+sway+bar
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    would be nice to see how that rear bar mounts.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    Sorry about not giving you a direct link. Here is a picture of how the rear Sway Bar mounts

RC Enthusiast
    That doesn't appear to allow the bar to rotate. Does it just clamp down on the wire and prevent it from transferring energy to the other side?
    VXL Alum. Slash, Mamba E-MAXX 3905

RC poster
    There is a spacer under the washer, so the bar does rotate.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    One more ?, does the bar have enough room, that during down stroke, that it does not hit the shock tower where the chassis mount part is?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    I'd like to see several pics of how it is mounted in the front and rear to the chassis and suspension or even a copy of the directions would be good too. Would like to know if this would work with rpm stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    It feels good when people copies my ideas. But speedierc uses washers to hold the sway bar in place against the chassis/shock tower. So then the sway bar will not be able to swivle or rotate easily. I grooved out large nylon nuts so the sway bar is able to move freely but the clamping force of the screw still goes throuh the nylon nut and holds everything in place.

Broken parts=New better parts

RC poster
    Rag6, The sway bar has adjustable linkage that attaches it to the rear arms. The sway bar does not hinder the down stroke in any way, it has full range of motion.

Revolt0, I've posted pics on URC, feel free to check them out. As far as directions go, I am sure that he provides them when you purchase a set for yourself. Yes it does work on RPM stuff. However, you must drill a mounting hole in the back of the rear arm, where the cross-bar is located, so the linkage has somewhere to mount to. I have 2 Slashes using this installation and have yet to have a problem. Everything else installs the same as it would in a stock set-up.

nunster, I can assure you that your idea was not copied, even though it appears in this situation that great minds think alike. I spoke with Robert at speedierc last night and he has redesigned the rear mount , there will be no washer on the screws. But as I explained, there is a set of spacers in place that allows the sway bar to rotate.

He stands behind his stuff so if you ever had a problem you can be sure he would handle it in a fair and honest way.
    Last edited by JTrowser; 01-29-2010 at 10:22 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Can you place a link to the pics... I'm sure there's more then myself wanting to see them.

RC poster
    Make sure you read the whole thread. Here is a link:http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103013

RC poster
    I just ordered a set. I'll let every one know once I have them installed and tested. they look very promising.

RC Qualifier
    I don't care if it is copied or not. I don't have any patents or anything on it. Okay I do care a little. It does feel good when someone copies one of my ideas and improves upon it. But it was only time when someone else figured out to mount the sway bar like that. But $27.49 plus 16.15 in shipping? To N. CA? So it would cost me 43.64 for the sway bars? Did you check how much the sway bars would cost the customers once the shipping was included. Just hoping you can figure something out with the shipping so you can get them to sale. Why can't he use the postal service small priorty box? and sale the set for 29.99 with free shipping. You will only make around 3.50 a set but be better than nothing. And then he wouldn't need to pay for the boxes?

RC poster
    nunsters, try it again doing it like this. put the item in your cart, Don't click on "more carriers" just click on "please select" you should have an option to select first class or priority which should be more like $2.25 or $6.00. This is a problem that he is aware of and trying to work it out with the company that is hosting his "cart service"

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrowser
    nunsters, try it again doing it like this. put the item in your cart, Don't click on "more carriers" just click on "please select" you should have an option to select first class or priority which should be more like $2.25 or $6.00. This is a problem that he is aware of and trying to work it out with the company that is hosting his "cart service"
    That's what I paid $2.25 but got hit for tax since we're both in Florida but at least I was charged the taxes from Lee and not Miami-Dade.

l

RC Racer
    I would like to know if there is a limitation to what chassis you are using or is that even a factor.
    Traxxas Slice
    Spektrum DX3e
    EZRun 60A@4000kV

RC poster
    I can't honestly say they will work with the provided mounting hardware on any other chassis as they were designed around the stock one. Have you looked at the pictures on the link I provided above? Does it look like to you that they will work using a little ingenuity. If you want to post a picture of your Slash I can take a look at it and let you know what I think.

RC poster
    seafoxfla, I'm really looking forward to hear what you think about them. Do you race or are you just going to bash with them?

RC poster
    seafoxfla, I'm really looking forward to hear what you think about them. Do you race or are you just going to bash with them?

I'm pretty new to the hobby and just bashing for now but I really want to start racing soon. I can't wait to get them and will post as soon as I try them out.

RC Racer
    I was out at the LHS and actually thought about using the Jato 3.3 bars however Id have to modify and these look perfect already ... def gonna check into getting these soon .
    Zach
    Slash 2wd-RPM/STRC
    Stampede

RC Qualifier
    JTrowser, okay thanks for clearing that up.
    Any way you can get a sway bar to work on the slash will improve it. Only problem with sway bars and the slash is on pavement. My truck with stock wheels tends to roll over a lot easier. Anyone else notice that? But on dirt sway bars are awsome.

RC Enthusiast
    nunster, what's the purpose of the lil hex thing closest to the shock tower on you pic, the one on the sway bar?
    CREATE DON'T IMITATE

RC poster
    it probably stops the sway bar from shifting to the right and left. But I'm only guessing

RC poster
    Ok. Just received the kit and it took about 40 min to install front and back bars. Looks good and fit well but I wish the two front sway bar holders were made of metal. well see if they are a good option or not. It's still raining like crazy in Miami so I'll try them out tomorrow after I get home from work and I'll post how they work.

RC Enthusiast
    jtrowser, that makes sense. thanx
    CREATE DON'T IMITATE

RC Qualifier
    The locks on my sway bar is to keep the bar from going side to side.

RC poster
    Just took out my Slash for a spin and I'm Impressed. really turns hard now and it's easier to drive in a straight away with out having to constantly play with the wheel. I'd say it lowered roll over about 90%. I'm sold.
    Thanks for making this set up available.

RC poster
    I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the product and thanks for the good reveiw. Can I ask you to please go back to speedierc and leave a reveiw on there. It would be greatly appreciated.

Also, please remember to compare prices with speedierc on future rc needs. the slash catagory has been 98% completed with more to come. There will be over 23,000 parts when it's finished.

If anyone is questioning my intentions here please check out the link in the 13th post.

RC poster
    I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the product and thanks for the good reveiw. Can I ask you to please go back to speedierc and leave a reveiw on there. It would be greatly appreciated.

Also, please remember to compare prices with speedierc on future rc needs. the slash catagory has been 98% completed with more to come. There will be over 23,000 parts when it's finished.

If anyone is questioning my intentions here please check out the link in the 13th post.
    Done deal.

RC Racer
    How is the front Mounted .. I tried looking at your pics on ultimaterc but they didnt show for me . and what about the rear .
    Zach
    Slash 2wd-RPM/STRC
    Stampede

RC poster
    The front mounts to the top of the bumper mount located at the front of the chassis. Then attaches to the a-arms at the shocks mounting holes. The rear mounts to the shock tower just behind the chassis then attaches to the extra set of holes on the rear of the rear a-arms. The pictures worked fine for me on both Safari (mac) and Explorer (windows). Not sure why you are having a hard time.

RC poster
    I cant find the website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Uuughhh