RC Qualifier

Anyone else had no luck talking with Traxxas?

So yesterday I brought my slash 4x4 in from running it around my yard and in this ditch and noticed my right rear driveshaft was bent (common problem) which was odd because I wasn't jumping it expect out of the ditch and (2 ft. deep) and off of an x-factor skate ramp in the grass. Also since the 2nd time I drove the truck, the center driveshaft has been scratched up and more recently I've noticed is now slightly out of balance and no longer true. I contacted Traxxas today to talk to them about possibly replacing these parts since I did no heavy bashing or anything to cause the rear axle to bend and all of the steering components are no broken so I don't know why the center driveshaft is out of true. The representative I spoke with just told me to go to towerhobbies and to have a nice day.

My question is, has anyone else been shut down by traxxas' customer support for known problems with their slash 4x4s? I am not trying to bash traxxas. I love their models and have 4 of them. I am just a little disappointed with their customer service that everyone raves about. This was the first time that I've had to deal with them and to be honest, I'm not to impressed...
    Thunder SM, Predator SM, Slash 4x4, ERBE

RC Enthusiast
    Nope. I've had nothing but great experience. Told him about my axle issues and he said he would send me out three sets. I would call back sounds like you caught someone that woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I guess so. I'll try back tomorrow. Thanks for the response!

BTW which axles do fit the 4x4? I searched and saw rustler rear and 2wd slash. But which rustler? Nitro or electric? And do the 2wd axles actually fit?

RC Qualifier
    I email traxxas and they took care of my problem. They just asked from all my shipping info and my vin# and if i had registered my truck.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slash4x4er
    Nope. I've had nothing but great experience.
    +1.........

RC Champion
    When you call again, it would be worth mentioning that other guys have had the same problem taken care of, and that you expect the same.

What's your warranty status?
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Qualifier
    i just called today letting know that my drive line was bent and there are sending me one for no charge.
    Stock Slash 4x4
    Summit MMM

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I'll mention it. Thanks.

Jay 313--> what do you mean by my warranty status?

RC Enthusiast
    i broke my metal rear toe bar on my summit and i called traxxas and the sent me both toe bars and 4 plastic links,traxxas needs to warranty all this stuff if you go to their web site and watch the videos its like they never brake if i run mine up and down the street and jump the curb to the driveway it brakes

RC Qualifier
    I blew out a tire MMM 6S and I just got the replacement today!!!

You're not too old if you're still having fun!

RC Champion
    nope , been great here.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Champion
    Just wondering if you were still within your 30 day window for having parts replaced no questions asked. Even if you're not, if other guys are getting things replaced, you should too.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx919
    Yeah I guess so. I'll try back tomorrow. Thanks for the response!

BTW which axles do fit the 4x4? I searched and saw rustler rear and 2wd slash. But which rustler? Nitro or electric? And do the 2wd axles actually fit?
    you can use part #2753X to replace the stub axle. I had to do one rear one and I found it to be a pain in the a-- to install. If it happens again, I"m going to just replace the whole axle.

I've had only good experience with Traxxas customer svc.
    ERBE,EMBE,Emaxx,(3)Slash 4x4,Summit,Summit 1/16

RC Qualifier
    Jay. Yes I got the truck on January 6th so I am stil within the 30 day period. I'm going to call again today and see what they say. I'll report back.

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Well I just called again and must have gotten someone is a better mood. He is sending me a new center and axle stubs to replace mine.

Now that's the famous TRAXXAS support that everyone loves!

Thanks TRAXXAS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay 313
    Just wondering if you were still within your 30 day window for having parts replaced no questions asked. Even if you're not, if other guys are getting things replaced, you should too.
    The warranty is for 30 days against defects in electronics. There are no warranties expressed otherwise, and no "no questions asked" warranty for crash damage, chassis, or drivetrain parts. Non-electronic items being replaced at no charge are done solely by the technician's discretion. Technically, any items in question are to be sent to us for inspection. For further education of the warranties we actually express, please observe your owners manual's warranty statement.