Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Ok Duh I had things backwards, thanks for not bashing me. Figured it out.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeys View Post
    Starting to set up my Platinum to the SL setup sheets and I am questioning the measurements and please excuse but I haven't used metrics much but all are in mm not cm. Example: Shock length 100mm. shouldn't that be 100cm. 10cm/MM. 100MM would be more like 22 inchs. Am I crazy.
    A normal 12 inch ruler has APPROX 30 CM.

100 MM equals 10 CM. 100 MM equals approx 3.93 inches. There is a great conversion tool on the Android market if you want it. It's called "ConvertPad". Hope this helps!

RC Competitor
    Are these set up measurements without batteries mounted?

RC Racer
    Are these set up measurements without batteries mounted?
    Yes that is correct.

RC Qualifier
    Measurements, camber, toe, ride height, etc, all in race ready trim,, yes with battery installed..
    Support your Country, buy domestic...

RC poster
    OK guys anyone racing?

Getting tired of getting my butt handed to be my Losi. does anyone have a good setup? Been on short tight technical tracks and big (1/8) tracks doesn't matter they are still a 2 -3 sec faster a lap.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe that LCG chassis that looks real promising will get mass produced and you will have a chance again.
    LOL
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mcx915495 View Post
    OK guys anyone racing?

Getting tired of getting my butt handed to be my Losi. does anyone have a good setup? Been on short tight technical tracks and big (1/8) tracks doesn't matter they are still a 2 -3 sec faster a lap.

Hey thanks eh ! All this time I thought it was just my driving skills.
    Support your Country, buy domestic...

good stuff especially one I am more educated in setups but this is certainly a helper
    "fat drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life"

RC Enthusiast
    Hi guys,

Just purchased a standard 4x4 slash and had some questions. I have a homemade track in the backyard and I was looking for a little advice. Everything I read seems to focus on people "pushing" in the corners, understeer, due to high traction surfaces etc. Well I have the opposite problem. Loose, dusty, black dirt is the the surface I'm dealing with, which means oversteer and spinouts like crazy. I have some bumpy sections so I'd like to maintain some plush to the ride if possible so I don't go bouncing off the track. I just need to know what needed to be adjusted to try and reduce oversteer. Everything is bone stock out of the box. Thanks in advance.

RC Racer
    One of the best improvements I made to the Slash 4X4 was the aluminum rear hub carriers for a total of 4 degree toe-in. That will help it stay glued to the track.

RC Champion
    Hey guy's is there an updated slayden setup sheet available? I have the old one from 2010 but looking for a newer setup sheet. I know that he has changed a few thing's but cannot locate it. Thank's.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    Hey guy's is there an updated slayden setup sheet available? I have the old one from 2010 but looking for a newer setup sheet. I know that he has changed a few thing's but cannot locate it. Thank's.
    Yeah, he's changed a few things like Manufacturers. The setup ideas listed here are still sound and will get you in the right ballpark. I TQ's last Sat against Hyper10s, a Jammin, and a couple of the new belt drive Associateds, but got turned in a corner and finished second.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71vimTZO6vA

RC Champion
    cool. Nice race. Have a race on the 31st against some nitro guy's I hope. They don't think I can keep up, won't they be surprised when I lap them. LOL....
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Enthusiast
    I run Sunday with a setup based on this. Second place and it handled very well!

RC Racer
    Congrats, TechX!

RC Competitor
    can someone post a video of how to set up a platinum from opening box to driving away I have a dx3e spectrum controller

RC Enthusiast
    What setup tools do you use Steve (or others)? I've been looking at hudy's off road setup kit and integy's setup kit. Any suggestions on total offroad setup systems?

RC Enthusiast
    Does no one have any tools they use to set up their rc racers? It's been weeks since I've asked a question about setup tools and nothing. There must be someone out there that actually uses tools to properly setup their slash or other rc racer. Any insight would be appreciated.

RC Champion
    rpm makes a camber and toe in gauge.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Racer
    Can someone put this into laymens terms for me please? When I look at the springs and stuff the wording doesnt make sense to me.

SLASH 4x4 setup: FRONT END

- Camber Link: inner: #1 & outer: lower What is meant by #1?
    - Shock Position: Upper: mid Lower: #2 Is this for the upper spring bolt or the lower?

SLASH 4x4 setup: REAR END

- Camber Link: inner: #3 & outer: fixed on blue carriers and #3 on Pro-
    Line rear carriers. Use the #5 hole on the inner on small high bite
    tracks. It improves chassis rotation.

- Hinge Pin Location: Lower, Try the upper location on really rough
    tracks. Reset ride height when changing this adjustment. Hinge pin??
    - Shock Position: Upper: mid Lower: #3 Is this for the upper spring bolt or the lower?

Thank you

RC Competitor
    Just wanted to say a huge thanks to you Steve! I was so frustrated with my trucks high CG, but when I tried your setup, I can turn in hard on a corner, and it wont flip... The only things I haven't done that is on your base setup are the shock and diff oils... Ill be getting them soon though, and hopefully will improve my truck even more! Thanks again you RC God.
    Posted in Australia, the country Down-Under

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoolx View Post
    Can someone put this into laymens terms for me please? When I look at the springs and stuff the wording doesnt make sense to me.

SLASH 4x4 setup: FRONT END

- Camber Link: inner: #1 & outer: lower What is meant by #1?
    - Shock Position: Upper: mid Lower: #2 Is this for the upper spring bolt or the lower?

SLASH 4x4 setup: REAR END

- Camber Link: inner: #3 & outer: fixed on blue carriers and #3 on Pro-
    Line rear carriers. Use the #5 hole on the inner on small high bite
    tracks. It improves chassis rotation.

- Hinge Pin Location: Lower, Try the upper location on really rough
    tracks. Reset ride height when changing this adjustment. Hinge pin??
    - Shock Position: Upper: mid Lower: #3 Is this for the upper spring bolt or the lower?

Thank you
    Look for the translation of Steves setup help into a Setup Sheet. Just go here. It should be in the thumbnail of the first post... It really helps you visualise where things are on the truck, rather than trying to work that out by yourself... Good luck!
    Posted in Australia, the country Down-Under

RC Enthusiast
    Hey can I get a link to a vid of a car with that set up it seems sweet. Thanks guys

Winning

RC poster

2wd setup sheet ?????

is there a 2wd setup sheet somewere like the Steve Slayden 4x4 setup ? shock oil and springs mostly what i want thank everyone and anybody that has the time to reply daryle

RC Enthusiast
    Starting to set up my Platinum to the SL setup sheets and I am questioning the measurements and please excuse but I haven't used metrics much but all are in mm not cm. Example: Shock length 100mm. shouldn't that be 100cm. 10cm/MM. 100MM would be more like 22 inchs. Am I crazy.
    Another way to keep track is 1mm is about .040 of an inch. Therefore 3mm is equal to approx. .120 or 1/8 of an inch. Also, they sell steel rules with metric on one side and english on the other.

RC poster
    Hi guys, i have slash 4s4 with Team RCE kit installed, also there is center diff,some other mods anr relar shocks pro-line power stroke, im racing on indoor track, its made of clay, it little dusty and very hard, i tried different setups for my slash ,but can you offer me some new thigs do i need to do to make ir better.

I did some adjusments, but feels like its going worst then was before, i dont know waht to do for sure, so can you help me by giving full setup sheet you'r driving with setup like mine.

Pro-lines on rear, center diff, front stock 4x4 RTR ones, RCE conversion, tekin rx8 w pro4 4600kv, 2s, proline calibers M3, temperature on the track about 0 celsius.

Big thanks.

RC poster
    hey fellas! I ordered the Traxxas Center diff and it comes with 1 50t and 2 52t gears... which gear should i use for this set up? tyvm

RC Enthusiast
    hey slahdaddy i have this setup on my truck with a 2400 castle setup all it wants to do is PUSH PUSH in the turns ans wellie down the straights on 2s or 3s amy help?

RC poster
    Whats shock oil that suitable for dirt surface with some bashing

RC Qualifier
    on the camber link setup, if it says #1 upper or lower. what does the upper and lower mean? i figured out the # from the owners manual but dont get the rest. can anyone help?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashandBurn View Post
    on the camber link setup, if it says #1 upper or lower. what does the upper and lower mean? i figured out the # from the owners manual but dont get the rest. can anyone help?
    It's basically the same. You will put the inside link to the corresponding number on the block mounted to the rear shock tower. The outside link will be carried out the same way, but on the bearing carrier. Camber is adjusted with the double ended, threaded rod in the rear that connects the "upper part of the wheel" to the shock tower. (So if you tip the top of the wheel (12 o'clock) in or out, you are adjusting camber positive or negative) Unless you have special built bearing carrier in the rear, you cannot adjust toe. (Toe would be the same but at the 9 & 3 o'clock positions) Caster, well, we don't mess with that at all, so I will leave it alone..........
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4wd
    When does it stop?

RC poster
    Hey i just both my Slash ultimate and i was wondering if i can used my stock esc VXL- 3s with a 1410 3800kv cc motor

RC Qualifier
    Can anyone provide a link to Steve slayden setup on PDF format, thanks

RC Competitor
    yes I do check your personal messages.

RC Competitor
    is there any new setups for the lcg chassis slash(6804r)

and is steve sladen still racing traxxas????????

RC Qualifier
    ANSICO78, I don't think the vxl will power the cc 3800 motor due to it being a 4 pole motor, stock is a 2 pole motor, the vxl esc sees that motor as a 7600kv motor and will cog and maybe burn your esc up, this is what I have searched and read from others on the forum, not my own experience, I have the same motor (3800kv cc) laying around as well, but haven't tried it on my vxl esc, as per posted above. Give it a try some have said it works most say it doesn't. Good luck and god bless.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC poster
    I upgraded my Slash 4x4 to the LCG chassis. I kept everything dialed in (like Slayden's settings at top of this thread).
    It handles much better. There will be some tweaks, but if you're happy with the original chassis, you'll be thrilled with the LCG.

Quote Originally Posted by sidneyhtripp View Post
    is there any new setups for the lcg chassis slash(6804r)

and is steve sladen still racing traxxas????????
    My Shoulder Hurts!

Slash 4x4 / Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    WOW is all I have to say. Bought my first real rc last year slash 6808 4x4 and upgraded everything but never touched the alignment. I am a basher dirt only nothing else my favorite spot is hard pack with loose top. after many tire changes and fluid changes it worked well. So I thought what the heck I would try slaydens set up. Next time out it was amazing like a new truck. I have a HEAVY trigger finger and full throttle turns were a work of art flawless dirt throwing control. Speed runs were near perfect where before it would spin out. I am so happy I gave this set up a shot.

RC poster

LCG Setup

This may have been mentioned in this thread already but will this set up work on a LCG chassis slash?