RC Qualifier

EZRUN 80a 1/8 brushless

smoked one of these in my summit today http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...29#post4317829

but otherwise have been pretty happy with it, has anyone seriously considered it as an option? i've seen a handful of MMM slash's, but this thing meets a much better pricepoint... when i replace mine for my summit, i'll be very tempted to break it in on the slash...

RC Racer
    I have the EZRun 80a in my rwd slash, running with 3S in dirt, water snow..you name it. No problems at all.
    BUT I also have the JC Concepts overtray that helps out a great deal.
    Powerhouse Sweden
    Villain IV with Octura 447

RC Qualifier
    I dont recall them ever stating they were waterproof. Just a few folks that have taken them apart have stated that they appear to be water resistant. I dipped my 80 amp for my 2x4 in plastidip around the seems of the casing for extra security but since the 4x4 the 2x4 hasn't seen much action lately, I hope that doesn't mean the end of it's racing days. I also have the newer version of the 150amp from Kershaw designs and it holds up great on 4s with the 8xl motor from kershaw. Nothing gets hot and I have bashed it around in the snow lightly with out any extra protection and it did fine. I am waiting for someone to take one of the newer versions apart to see how water resistant they are since they come in a Blue Casing. Probably shouldn't get my hopes up too high but all of the other manufactures that place an ESC in blue is usually h2o proof.
    ENJOY the hobby, don't HATE it.

RC Qualifier
    sold as dust resistant and "splashproof". i've read the circuitry is unchanged on xerun vs ezrun, but the case does offer more opportunity for further waterproofing and sealing.

i ordered a older style 150a from *********, and if successful will deeply consider it for the slash.

RC Competitor
    Where did you find the older 150a at from *********, It hasn't been instock for months, and was just sold in the combo.

RC Qualifier
    http://www.*********.com/*********/s...shless_Car_ESC

doesn't come up under "*********" tab, only under all ESC's...

^ this is not the same one. This is, http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezbrescfor18.html The ********* only does 4s, and has a smaller footprint..
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    gotcha, good point. i saw the layout of the board and capacitors, made the match in my head. im replacing an 80a.

i thought ******* was hobbywing was ezrun was....

first thing i'll do when i get it is open it up.