RC Competitor

slash pe + stampede vxl wheels + 3s lipo= rc ecstasy

if you have not tried this you should. Stock pinion with the body raised up this thing rocks!. I was at the track and could hardly grip with the stampede tires, but I was still working over 2 8th scale buggies. It is fast, and with the wide pede wheels and tires it is much more stable. On the road it will actually burn out all 4 tires and then wheely 10 feet later. It will wheely at 3/4 full speed and it when it is coming at you it looks like it is running on pizza cutters. AWESOME STUFF. I will say I took a couple of nasty spills on pavement today and everything held up with nothing breaking.

RC Enthusiast
    I added similar wheels to my PE over the weekend. I found some wheels/tires for 1/10 scale Redcat monster trucks at the LHS. They are slightly taller than Stampede tires. I put them on and the handling was great. I raised the ride height slightly by adjusting all for shocks in one hole on the arms and adding additional preload clips. I also removed the rear bumper and added a 1/10 scale crawler pickup body. I had to trim the body for full clearance but it looks and runs good!

RC Champion
    I'm glad you had a blast.. but you know you force comments when you say you were working over 2 8th scale buggies.. with that setup. I mean really those guys have to be complete newbs or just aweful for you to even be close to them let alone 'working them over'. Sorry but I know you were trying to make the story more fun, but...
    I love you MAN! Need a hug?

RC Competitor
    it was just the dirt oval that I was working them over on. I had those all terrain stampede tires that had almost no bite on the loose red clay. And yes--they were complete newbs that had a hard time even keeping there cars running---couldnt you just let a guy enjoy his fantasy???
    Last edited by siegelreptiles; 01-25-2010 at 04:50 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Are Stampede and T-maxx tires the same size?
    ~ Alli

Are Stampede and T-maxx tires the same size?
    No, and even though the Maxx tires are less then an inch taller, they often weigh twice as much. Making them drivetrain killers.
    siegel: sounds like you had fun, and that's the main thing. I have 4 of the front Stampede tires that I'll be trying. So I'm glad if nothing else it'll run them.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    asheck, have you ever tried hpi dirt bonz? they are very light. If I can find a light wheel...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Actually, yes I have. It really seems to be the combination of added weight, traction and the gearing, that causes problems. At least for me. I was never happy with running at 35. If you are, and are willing to loosen the slipper, you could probably pull it off.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.