RC Racer

Bottom perch big bores coming off??

Now that my steering is fixed... does anyone have a fix for the bottom perch of the big bores coming off where the springs sit? That has happened to several of mine. I don't want to supper glue it because then I won't be able to tear the shocks apart to rebuild them.

Any ideas??
    VXL Amsoil 2WD Slash/ PE 4x4 Slash/ BL recoil

RC Qualifier
    yeah I have had this problem too.

I wonder if a little blue RTV seal a gasket or something that can be scraped off...its pliable and can be scraped...
    Three Summits

RC Qualifier
    SHock Covers
    You're not too old if you're still having fun!

RC Racer
    If something pliable that can be scraped off is what I need than how about some clear silicone caulk? I have plenty around the house and could just put it around the bottom perch. Might give that a try.

roll couple layer of electrical tape on the rod ends, it will help the spring cups more tight.
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC Champion
    This means there is very little preload on the spring, allowing the Spring Retainer to move around.

I put a dab of hot glue over and in the gap. And it's easy to remove.

Some heat shrink tube might work also.

RC Racer
    I think I will start with the easiest and put a little electrical tape around the bottom so the spring retainer will be a tighhter fit.

Also, has anyone had problems with there big bores leaking? I have rebuilt shocks several times and it seems these keep leaking around the top cap around the bladder I guess. It happens no matter how tight I screw the cap down and I did make sure the bladder was seated before i put the cap on. It did seem the bladder was a little big in diameter and made it hard to get the cap on without upsetting the bladder.

RC Champion
    Electrical tape it if you want a sticky mess. teflon tape the threads of the BB.

RC Champion
    Are you guys talking about part # 3768 ?

If so, I lost one of mine the other day and had to make yet another trip to the LHS for a $3 part. Actually. My truck came in the box with one of them hanging off..

Hot glue gun,,, great idea.

$3 part and $10 for gas to go get it... I'm going to have to stockpile and hoard parts like a squirrel.. lol
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Racer
    Shoe-Goo probably works the best. Its available at Tower under a DuraTrax listing. Also available at shoe repair shops and some LHS. Pliable, yet removable and waterproof.
    Team Greyhound: the 40+ mph club

RC Racer
    Here's the link. [URL="http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0091p?&P=SM&C=RGF&V=DTX"]
    Team Greyhound: the 40+ mph club

RC Champion
    an also get it from Wal Mart

Shoe Goo has about a billion uses in RC. I use it to hold on ESC switches too. Stuck, but not permanent
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

I had the same problem on some 8ight shocks. This fixed it and does not need to be re-done until you change the spring. Requires a hole drilled in the perch/retainer and a very small ziptie to tether the spring and retainer together.

RC Qualifier
    RPM makes them with a taller profile as well. got them for mine and helps alot. Ksb51rl has a great idea there also.