RC Champion

2.4 ghz antenna help!

Somehow my Traxxas 2.4 ghz antenna broke (got knocked off a table not by me) is there a replacement one because i cant find one. I have another transmitter from my new Revo 3.3 but I dont want to use that one unless I have too because this one is already a little beat up.
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

RC Champion
    There was a reason why its in the forum because nobody comes here!

RC Racer
    Easy fella.......There is no replacment part for it some say you can fix it like the 27Mhz.
    Thanks,
    Ernest M. Ellis ( REVO3.3 Addicted )

RC poster
    Hawk, just like Ernest says, there is no replacement antenna for the 2.4. Get a new reciever from tower hobbies for about $40 or send yours into traxxas. They will repair/replace it.
    Revo 3.3
    Nitro 4-tec
    Nitro Rustler

RC Champion
    Ok, it doesnt need to be done now just wondering if i could do it myself.

The antenna has a coax running to it, it's not just one piece of wire. The actual antenna itself is the hard piece of metal at the end, the wire leading to it is coax, a solid wire wrapped with an insulator then some ground shielding and then a final coating of plastic insulation on the outside.

It is too small to solder with a soldering iron, it has to be done with a soldering pool and a soldering knife and a magnifying glass. Or the soldering will cause the plastic insulation to break down and create a short.

I guess Traxxas thought people would keep their antennas under the lid so they did not make a user replaceable antenna...... Yet.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    If you have an old spare broadband router with the mini aerial that might work, i broke my spektrum mini twig some time ago and fitted the antenna from a BT Home Hub in it, its grey and matches the handset better than the black one. i have since broken that one too but thankfully as BT stuff is so poorly built i had several routers and have now taken another one off an old one to fit.

It has the same connectors too for the pcb.

Thank you BT for your poorly built rubbish, you saved me a few quid!!
    Signature removed due to excess awesomeness.