RC Enthusiast

Bent rear wheel axle. Is this common?

My rear stub axle bent and it seems soft. Is this common?

I tried to straighten it as close as possible it's close but still there is some wheel wobble.
    E-Revo BL Slash 4x4
    E-Revo VXL Slash VXL

RC Qualifier
    there has been some reports of this but usually traxxas seemed to have helped out anyone who contacted them. ive not had this problem with mine and i drive it alot...

RC Enthusiast
    k thanks for the info.

I will call Traxxas and see if there are replacement stubs available
    E-Revo BL Slash 4x4
    E-Revo VXL Slash VXL

RC Racer
    this is a common issue and they are working on fixing it...apparently a design flaw...
    I am an R/C ADDICT!!

RC Enthusiast
    ok thanks

I will definitely call Traxxas then.
    E-Revo BL Slash 4x4
    E-Revo VXL Slash VXL

RC Competitor
    i bent two of mine i called traxxas and they shipped me two new ones. good customer support.
    SO*CAL 4 LIFE

RC poster
    I bent one the first time I raced mine, and it broke the second weekend racing. I called Traxxas and they are sending me a replacement as well. Thank you Traxxas.
    SLASH 4X4 PE
    REVO 3.3 #5309
    JATO 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    I just called Traxxas and they are sending me 2 new stub axles too

Yet again great customer service

Do you know if the replacements are tougher or the same as the stock stub axles?
    E-Revo BL Slash 4x4
    E-Revo VXL Slash VXL

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rcpilot
    I just called Traxxas and they are sending me 2 new stub axles too

Yet again great customer service

Do you know if the replacements are tougher or the same as the stock stub axles?
    I just got off the phone with them for replacement axles, And the rep did say that they solved the problem,,, but did not say, nor did I ask, if the replacements were the improved versions.

RC Qualifier
    Yes for the most part it is common. Seems alot more are having the issue than not.. But call traxxas they are fixing the issue...

Can't wait for cvd's
    revo 2.5r - 3.3;12/29/09 Slash 4X4 in hand

RC Enthusiast
    is rear wheel wobble a sign of bent axles? I hadn't paid mus attention to mine, but now that it is mentioned, I have seen some wobble. I 've just run it on the street and yard no real jumps of the sort, unless coming off the Drive way lip is considered a jump.
    J.L. Segundo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jlsegundo
    is rear wheel wobble a sign of bent axles? I hadn't paid mus attention to mine, but now that it is mentioned, I have seen some wobble. I 've just run it on the street and yard no real jumps of the sort, unless coming off the Drive way lip is considered a jump.
    J.L. Segundo
    a little wobble is normal, as the wheels arent perfectly balanced from the factory.
    depends howw much. mine is bad enoughe that when i floor it it shoots to the left, and when i release the throttle it goes right. lol
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

RC Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleSlasher
    a little wobble is normal, as the wheels arent perfectly balanced from the factory.
    depends howw much. mine is bad enoughe that when i floor it it shoots to the left, and when i release the throttle it goes right. lol
    yeah i have the same problemb aha, and i was running a 11.1 v lipo battery and literally twisted my front drive hub that connects into the center driveshaft itself!! i had to get a dental tool to pry it out of the driveshaft! and you can easily see it is twisted! . maybe too much power? ahaha

RC Enthusiast
    Not that bad I guess then, I still need to get it dialed in for steering but your situation sounds worse. Can't get the HEXES off to check.
    J.L. Segundo

RC Champion
    Is Traxxas really sending all you guys new axles? I called them the other day about the Shock perch and the guy sounded (maybe he wasn't) almost cranky when I mentioned "Slash 4x4" He said part # 3768, your LHS should have them.

I have been babying my Slash because Im scared to bend axles. Parts are harder to get here in Nova Scotia.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by madkawi650
    Is Traxxas really sending all you guys new axles? I called them the other day about the Shock perch and the guy sounded (maybe he wasn't) almost cranky when I mentioned "Slash 4x4" He said part # 3768, your LHS should have them.

I have been babying my Slash because Im scared to bend axles. Parts are harder to get here in Nova Scotia.
    Same thing happened to me. I bent my right rear stub and so I called and they told me too bad and to check towerhobbies because they just sent a shipment of parts to them.
    Thunder SM, Predator SM, Slash 4x4, ERBE