RC Qualifier

GTR shocks on 4x4?

anyone tried it?

RC Champion
    guy at the track had the setup. It bounced around like a superball. No surprise since anything that has GTR's on it weighs twice as much...
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken448
    guy at the track had the setup. It bounced around like a superball. No surprise since anything that has GTR's on it weighs twice as much...
    thanks for the info. was just curious since jato uses GTR shocks... dont quite understand why that is?...

RC Champion
    must be some pretty light springs. Now I do recall my Jato having GTR's on it.. Dont remember the spring weight though. Might be something to check into. BUT I dont know if they would be long enough for the rears.
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC Qualifier
    I did it on my BackSlash but modified the pistons with a 1.2mm drill bit first and installed JATO 1.6 blue springs for rear and 1.2 silver springs for front and that setup worked way better. Also my shock oil is 35 front/25 rear. Before these mods to the GTR it just bounced around too much at the track but I've abandoned more fine tuning as I learned that my local track will only run stock SLASH 4x4 racing 2s limit So now it's back to the drawing board with tuning the Big Bores that came with my PE. But that GTR setup was way better for bashing than the big bores if that helps anyone
    Oh I almost forgot the most important mod to the GTR's you have to use a Losi 8 steering link end for the proper shock length in the rear.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"